Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Your help would be appreciated...

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  jnwfla 
#1 ·
Hello all, my wife and I are strongly considering buying a Honda Crosstour. Today, I had the opportunity to test drive an EX-L 4WD/Nav Black/Black one.

The Crosstour seemed to have a slight vibration to it and during acceleration, there was a faint whining/whistlling sound in the background (I was unable to isolate or pinpoint its origin), almost like radio interference. It also pulled slightly to the left (which is what makes me think that it wasn't properly PDI'd). With this being the only EX-L 4WD/NAV available on the dealer lot to drive, I am hoping that what I experienced is not the typical driving experience but more like poor or no PDI.

Did I get a bad one?

#2 · (Edited)
Hello all, my wife and I are strongly considering buying a Honda Crosstour. Today, I had the opportunity to test drive an EX-L 4WD/Nav Black/Black one.

The Crosstour seemed to have a slight vibration to it and during acceleration, there was a faint whining/whistlling sound in the background (I was unable to isolate or pinpoint its origin), almost like radio interference. It also pulled slightly to the left (which is what makes me think that it wasn't properly PDI'd). With this being the only EX-L 4WD/NAV available on the dealer lot to drive, I am hoping that what I experienced is not the typical driving experience but more like poor or no PDI.

Did I get a bad one?

I would try to test drive another one with 2WD if they don't have 4WD on normal street only run front weel and compare to see if you can tell the different.

#3 ·
Yea test drive a different one because I did not encounter any of those problems... But mines was a 2WD idk if that matters but I don't think that should happen regardless... Its a great car and real head turner lol... My brother just bought a 2010 accord coupe and my CT can hold its own against his coupe (can't dust it cause its a v6 and the car weighs a thousand pounds less lol)... Excellent handling for a car that big too... You can't go wrong with a CT... Very good combo of space, utility and performance

#4 ·
I have never driven the Awd but that does not sound an auto I would want to purchase. It’s alright under warranty but who needs the ‘headache’ of service trips and time etc? I bet if you drove a 2wd you appreciate the CT and what we all seem to like about it.

#5 · (Edited)
+1.
Your dealer could get another 4wd for you if he wanted: All they do is trade one for the other with another dealer. Tell him if he does't want to do that you'll shop elsewhere.:)

Stick to your guns and don't take it......"whining whistling, shaking"? What is this a dance floor:rolleyes: Who needs the agro?

G/L with your purchase. You buy the "shaker" you're gonna need it.;)

Don't forget the airbag recall -- you want that done b4 the delivery.

C

#7 ·
had same drift problem on my 2wd CT-- it was a radial tire pull-- also had vibration in steerinng wheel-- noted this right after getting it during first high speed driving-- dealer rebalanced front wheels-- problem gone. Great car now.

suggest if you think of buying the one you drove then have noted problems fixed first

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies. Definitely not buying the one I drove. Wrong color combo for the wife and we want to await the delivery of the 2011 model (hoping that the 6AT shows up!). They have a few 2WD models on the lot which I will test drive even though we prefer the 4WD version. However, that will give me, as suggested here, a point of reference. Like the vehicle very much, the space, amenities even the styling.

#9 ·
We have the EXL-awd and no issues. I do hear a faint "hum" at times but it's not disturbing and maybe it's the tires. Or maybe it's the engine switching back and forth from all cylinders to 3 cylinders. Love the car and get the light tan leather interior - you'll appreciate it over the black.

#10 ·
I like the tan interior but it doesn't quite work with the Opal Sage Metallic exterior. And besides, it would be a maintenance nightmare. Cars are like appliances for my wife, she just drives them!

#11 ·
My wife insisted on the black leather....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.