Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello .. I've read in some posts about a yellow letter XM sends out when your subscription is about to expire .. some great promo about $77 a year membership?

I never received that letter.. Instead I'm getting letters from XM saying that in 5 days my trial will expire and that I should renew soon to avoid the $14.99 account reactivation fee.

What do you guys think? Any work arounds or suggestions to get a better deal? :confused:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
most times they call you and call you ! call them you can get a deal on the phone i did, I got a couple months free but that was in canada i don't know if there is any differance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like XM .. just don't want to pay that $14.99 fee to re-activate if I "play chicken" with them and wait it out....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't worry, they'll bug you for a long time and you'll be able to waive a reactivation fee and probably get the service for about 1/2 price to boot....they'll keep bugging you with phone calls and letters for months...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Call XM. Tell them you don't want/can't afford/whatever the correct reason for not accepting their offer. There are several different deals available and you just need to discuss on a person to person basis to obtain the best offers. (did this with both XM & Sirius...wish they would REALLY combine the programs).
These folks are very well aware that free services like Pandora and others are starting to be integrated in some new cars. They are also aware that they paid way too much for the likes of Howard Stern, etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't worry about that fee, it says that you will have to pay it, but they almost always waive it, unless you are dumb and ask for the fee. I had 3 months of XM free on my Suburban. It wasn't until after didn't renew after the 3 moths that they sent me the $77/year deal. I still didn't do it! 77 dollars is a rip off, even if they do consider it a "deal!"

·
Registered
44 Posts
My XM expired 3 months ago. I never got a letter, but they kept calling me. I told them I didn't want to renew.

Funny thing is that I still get XM. I wonder if they're trying to reel me in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
$4.00 per month

Hold out long enough and they'll send you the 5 months for 19.99 promo. No activation fee and if you fight with them long enough you can get them to send you a bill (i will no longer provide XM/Sirus with a credit card as the last time i chose to cancel i had to get the credit card company involved).

:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like everyone's ideas but I don't want to interrupt my service .. Sounds like I've got to cancel and wait the 6 mos to get a real deal .. Pandora, etc yeah they're OK but they don't always have the "newest" songs (take for instance Alt Nation on XM) .. Pandora really doesn't have a comparable channel ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like everyone's ideas but I don't want to interrupt my service .. Sounds like I've got to cancel and wait the 6 mos to get a real deal .. Pandora, etc yeah they're OK but they don't always have the "newest" songs (take for instance Alt Nation on XM) .. Pandora really doesn't have a comparable channel ..
Long enough with my Acura was < 1 month, or try calling them and asking for the 19.95 deal

hth.... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
My subscription end tomoorw. I called them last nioght and said I like the service but can't afford the $142. She said the current special is $116. I said my friend got one year for $77 a little while back. She said that was a promo to get members back who cancelled. I said so I will let it expire and wait or if she wants I will give her my credit card # today for the $77 deal. She has to talk to her manager and comes back on in a minute and says OK. I like XM. I drive a lot in the hills of WV and western MD. Pandora works OK but drifts in and out. My Ipod only has about 1300 songs so it is worth it to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts