Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
worth paying the full price fo rit?
ive been told never to pay the full price of it

·
Registered
291 Posts
XM/Sirius pricing is all over the map, and what one person gets another might not. You can negotiate with them for a price that you are comfortable with. Just be prepared... their customer service is absolutely horrid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wait for them to call you to subscribe... Let the sales person talk your ear off, act like you don't want it, say its too expensive etc etc, talk them down after wasting lots of the sales person time. then you will get a better price :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
And when you go to cancel - they're a nightmare to cancel and since they're autodebiting your cc you have to fight them to stop charging.

For that reason alone, I will never subscribe to XM again. Last car that I had that it was on, it literally took four long calls to stop the charges. They wouldn't turn it off so they'd keep charging.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That's why my XM subscription is invoice based. Yep... XM will send invoices, but they don't like to admit it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the initial free 3 months of XM. I guess I don't get it! Yea it was alright to listen to the comedy or sports channels when I took a trip, but in the big picture you're paying to listen to the radio.
I already have FM and CD's, I can listen to whatever I want already.

Like I said I don't get it, is it "really" something you have to have or pay for?

·
Registered
291 Posts
No commercials (at least on most of the channels), coast to coast coverage, and programming you can't get on FM/AM is what you pay for. For some it's important. For others, it isn't. I listen mostly to my iPod, but because my new Goldwing came with XM service (plus weather and traffic), I decided to get the XM in the car.

I find it a nice break from the iPod at times, especially when I want to hear tracks I might have forgotten about over time (and don't own). My wife and I travel quite a bit throughout the year, so it will also be nice to have the ability to listen to a specific channel or two no matter where we are or what we are driving (car or motorcycle).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been a dedicated XM fan since I first got it in an Element, in 2005. That's partly because I live in a part of the country where there are wide expanses without good local radio coverage, partly because I like traditional country music, which largely doesn't exist on regular radio stations, and partly because I love baseball, and XM carries every major league baseball game, every day; well over 2500 games a year. I listen to other channels, of course, and I consider them to be a bonus. I have never had a terrible problem with customer service, once I managed to reach a representative who was a native English speaker; which admittedly is sometimes a challenge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts