Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CT came with 3 months FREE XM Radio. I’m getting close to that 3 month date and am looking at the best deal around for XM Radio. XM Radio sent me a brochure listing their prices as followed:

Monthly = $17.29
Quarterly = $51.86
1 – Year = $190.15 (one month free)
2 – Year = $363.01 (three months free)
3 – Year = $535.87 (five months free)

The above prices includes the monthly $1.42 Music Royalty fee and all taxes.

I wanted to share my findings and hopefully save you some money.

XM/Sirius Radio often has promotions. They also have a customer retention department.

I just renewed today for $35.71 for 6 months. They didn’t tell me about this promotion when I called, I had to tell them that my neighbor just signed up and this is what he paid. They immediately told me that they can offer me this same rate. This is not their Premiere service so I won’t be listening to Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony.

They will also inform you that at the end of the 6 months, you will auto renew at the HIGHER RATE of $17.29 a month. You must make sure that at the end of the 6 months, that you call them and renew again at $35.71 for another 6 months. Yes, you can keep renewing every 6 months at this price.

If anyone has a better deal with satellite radio please let us know. The point of this thread is to let others know the best deal to be had for our CT satellite radio.

Yes, you can renew prior to your subscription being up. My subscription ends on Feb 1 and my new 6 month subscription doesn’t start until Feb 1, so there is no overlap.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thank you for the info. I hate the complete hassle XM radio puts one through to get a decent deal. I've had XM since I bought my 2001 Honda S2000 and have it in my 2011 Crosstour and 2005 S2000. Once they've got you hooked, it's hard to go back to FM.

I renewed by phone after my three months were up for a total of $85.32 for a year. You have to play their stupid games to get the good deals, like saying you'll quit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was expecting a hassle when recently renewing, having read many comments about how difficult Sirius XM was to deal with. I had no problem getting the $85/yr rate. Plus, I also was able to opt out of the auto renewal by agreeing to pay $2 to get a paper invoice in due course. (I had deleted my credit card information which probably helped.)

Mark

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was expecting a hassle when recently renewing, having read many comments about how difficult Sirius XM was to deal with. I had no problem getting the $85/yr rate. Plus, I also was able to opt out of the auto renewal by agreeing to pay $2 to get a paper invoice in due course. (I had deleted my credit card information which probably helped.)

Mark
^Good to know, Mark. Thank you for the info. I'm assuming I can go online to delete my credit card info.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good information....mine is coming due in a few weeks as well.

XM also has weather information for aircraft which is $50/month. It is fantastic and essential. I've used it throughout the US and up into Alaska. At least it includes XM radio for those cross country flights.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ask your buds out there with XM service... There's someone out there who fought the impossible battle and won a great rate. Get their account number and tell the XM operator that you want "this" deal. Works every time. I'm an iPod junky; I don't have an XM account. If I did, I'd PM you mine. Hope this helps.

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts