Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received any "special discount" offers for the XM Radio subscription yet?
I know they called me once and offered me 3 months at $20.
I have heard, and I don't know if this is true, that much better discounted offers will come from them if I wait awhile.
Does anyone know if this will happen or has it happened to you?

I am in Canada and have had the CT since 26 January.

I would appreciate hearing what others (with the CT) have been offered....

Thanks Folks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
XM Radio

Yes no problem to get a discount. Once they got you and if take a renewal no problem. But if you decide not to renew then "Beware" they just don't want you to quit. Yes they will claim you can opt out of "Auto Renewal" but they ignore that. I had a one year paid in full with my CC and didn't wish to renew and yes they sent a collection agency after me. They will never get my credit card again period. Oh yes you can pay by a certified bank money order but they want a $5 surcharge on it. Yes I did like XM radio while I had it but they will have to clean up their consumer image to get my $$.
Check out the thousands of complaints at consumers affairs.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_electronics/xm.html

·
Registered
48 Posts
I plan on getting the lifetime as we plan on keeping this vehicle for at least 10 years. The lifetime I believe runs around 450.00 and in just a few years pays for itself.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have XM on my other car and I got 77.00 for one year. It is better to call early in the day that way you get somebody for here and not there, if you know what I mean. Also DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would go with Sirius. :)
I have no "Sirius" button on my Crosstour!
What model did you buy Hulk? I didn't know Honda offered anything other than XM radio.
Interesting yours would come with a Sirius enabled radio.......

·
Registered
87 Posts
We had XM on my previous Accord and husband's Civic - took many calls (you get the runaround, get hung up on etc, never ending hold) to get rid of the subscription - will never give any company my credit card to do auto-renew again.

That whole experience completely soured me on XM so once the three month's are up - off it goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have not found any problems. In fact they asked me to review by telephone and by mail, and when the 3 months are done there is simply no signal. I love XM, and as such I called them to renew and paid about $120 per year. BTW Honda only has XM, and if you want sirius you have to get another receiver unit. Aside from say Howard Stern, the programming has merged, especially is USA, and it is happening more gradually in Canada. For Instance XM and Sirius have the same 70's station. I love the satellite Radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts