Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last December I finally replaced the horrible Uniroyal tires which came on my used CT. After 9k miles, let me just say, I wish I had bitten the bullet sooner! Fuel Economy is up! Noise is down! Grip is WAY up (especially in wet)!!!

Michelin Premier A/S

I never liked Michelin before. They always seem to be way to pricey for so little grip. I spend a lot of time on twisty country highways and interstates at robust speeds. These tires are amazing.
https://shop.michelinman.com/tire/michelin/premier-a-s/225-60-r18-100-h

Just wanted to share in case anyone is looking for a CT tire recommendation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have two Crosstours. My used CT came with Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires. 11,000 miles on these tires and I HATE them. Traction in all conditions is subpar and they feel unsafe to me in the rain.
The other CT has a new set of Michelin Premier LTX tires. The ride is a bit "stiffer" but I do not see this as a negative. I prefer the Michelin tires because they are quieter on the highway, feel more secure around town and absolutely blow the Uniroyal tires away when the roads are wet. I have no winter experience on either tire.
Oddly, the Michelin site does not list a fitment for the Premier LTX on the Crosstour, but they did when I bought my set as I spoke with a Michelin rep before I bought them.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
OEM Tire Size: 225/60R18 you can pretty much match any larger or smaller rim on that diameter.

I liked the OEM Michelin Latitude Tour HP, you can go 110 in a rain storm and not know the road was wet... but due to an alignment issue, I ruined the set.

I have been running 245/45R20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS (the older version) for several years now (since fall of 14), and they are definitely louder than OEM, but they handle corners a lot better. Although the wider but lower profile tire actually gives me worse straight and rain handling than the narrower softer OEMs.

Personally, for my next set of tires I'm going to downsize to 19" rims.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I was shopping, I reached out to Michelin for advice on Premier A/S vs LTX for my 4WD v6 CT. Based on my 99.9% road use (20k/yr) the recommended the Premier A/S. It is the road going passenger oriented tire. The LTX is stiffer and better suited if I was taking my CT off road at all. My off roading is a grassy field parking lot at a concert or my yard. :)

Do yourself a favor, get those Tiger Paws off ASAP. I lived with mine way to long. Get them back from the tire shop and sell them on CL if they are not too worn. Mine were a 60k pair.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The LTX has a stiffer sidewall and would be better for a CT (or really a Pilot) going off road some. Zero complaints after 20k.

When I ordered my A/S, the warehouse overroad my order and shipped LTX. The shop installed them. I made them take them back off, and get me the A/S I ordered! :) I will take the recommendation of Michelin C.S. over some dude/dudette in a warehouse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Getting new Michelin Premier A/S grand touring.

The LTX has a stiffer sidewall and would be better for a CT (or really a Pilot) going off road some. Zero complaints after 20k.

When I ordered my A/S, the warehouse overroad my order and shipped LTX. The shop installed them. I made them take them back off, and get me the A/S I ordered! :) I will take the recommendation of Michelin C.S. over some dude/dudette in a warehouse.

My Latitudes have 40K on them and are cupped very badly. I am hoping it is because I wasn't diligent in rotating them for the last 20K. I'm still averaging 27.7 mpg v6 2015 EX-L

Heading to the shop today to get a set of Premier A/S put on with a fresh alignment. I will report back on ride, noise, and mpg after a few thousand miles.

Ok guys?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, so far kind of disappointing. After 2000 miles, my MPG has dropped from an average of 27.8 to 26.3.

I'm hoping this is because it's winter, and (I know it's bad) I idle my car early in the mornings to warm it up a bit before I take off for work.

FYI, I do about 66% highway 33% town.

I'll keep tracking it, and see if the new tires aren't more to the old average after the summer time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts