Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pretty sad.

I guess when I buy an apple from the grocery store and find a bruise, I can sue and get a hundred bucks. Or when a restaurant serves me a meal that doesn't look like the picture on their ad, then I am entitled to be compensated.

Hmm - I wonder where it goes from here.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I applaud the woman for her efforts, but I don;t see how the blame can be entirely Honda's fault.

Honda doesn't make the mileage claim, persae, but our enlightened government decides, based on god knows what, what the expected fuel economy is.

Before we bought our CT, my wife had a NEON, that I hated. She had it before we got together, so I was stuck having to look at it for a while. It got TERRIBLE gas mileage, around 17mpg, but was rated, I think at 25mpg. We NEVER came close to that. Cash for Clunkers was still going on and Neons are worthless new, so there's nothing left to depreciate and I wanted to "Clunk it." It didn't qualify due to the high mpg rating, it sucked.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Update: Honda will appeal

It's going to cost Honda more money to appeal this case than it would cost to pay her out.

On the other hand, if she wins, that sets a precedence and then it would be a TON of little cases instead of one class action.

·
Registered
2 Posts
She was on the news. She said she sued because Honda reprogramed the computer during a service to make the car use more gas to extend the life of the battery. After that the mileage was not so good. Hybrids are expensive. Why would you pay a premium for something that is no better than a regular model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts