Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my CT a week ago. Today was the first drive in the rain and every time the wipers went to the bottom of the wipe and changed direction there is an annoying loud click. It sounds like metal on metal but the blade stops before it reaches the bottom of the glass. Maybe its a problem with the motor. My fourth Honda/Acura and I've never heard this before.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just bought my CT a week ago. Today was the first drive in the rain and every time the wipers went to the bottom of the wipe and changed direction there is an annoying loud click. It sounds like metal on metal but the blade stops before it reaches the bottom of the glass. Maybe its a problem with the motor. My fourth Honda/Acura and I've never heard this before.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with this?

why not take the car in to dealer let them take a look just to see what they think.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum mtmr2 .... I had a similar problem in an Avalon, ended up the problem was the wiper was hitting the A pillar. Your noise is at the other end of the spectrum. As it is not traveling too far I think you probably have a motor problem just as you suspect.

Of course the dealer will be the solution. Please let us know what resolution you come up with.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just experienced this sound for the first time yesterday!

It was during a bad winter storm and there was some ice chunks near the wipers, so I chalked it up to that... but I do recall remarking on how it sounded more "metal on metal."

However, my noise went away after a couple minutes.

Keep us posted with any updates, and I'll keep my ears out to see if my ride does it again.

(Although I was using the wipers most of the day today and never heard it again.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts