Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I would like to share some of my ownership experience. I have purchased my CT new about 1.5 months ago and have now about 1,000 miles on the odometer.

One thing I find odd with this car is the ride is unusually bumpy. I used to drive a 2002 Accord EX V6 and it was smooth. But my CT seems to pass on every small bump on the roads to me and my steering wheel, while driving on the same roads. I asked about this with the dealer, he says it is because of the 4WD. I am not sure.

Also this car makes me feel leaning a lot more. For example, on an interstate highway, if I drive on the most left lane, I would feel I am leaning to the left (left side is noticeably lower than the right side). It is opposite if I drive on the most right lane, due to the fact that the surfaces of most roads are slightly bell-shaped. I would have to drive on the middle lanes to avoid such leaning feels. Again my previous Accord never gave me such feel on the same roads. Is it because the CT has wider wheel tractions or bigger wheels?

I have done quite a lot of research to decide on the CT. But I never expected this experience. I don't see many CTs on the roads and this actually makes me feel good (special). But one day when I was stopping at a red light, someone crossing the zebra line looked at my car and knocked my window. When I lowered the window, he asked me "What year is your car?" When I told him this year, he said "I have a Crosstour as well. But I am wondering whether to trade it in". I was sitting there figuring out what he meant until the next green light.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello everybody! I would like to share some of my ownership experience. I have purchased my CT new about 1.5 months ago and have now about 1,000 miles on the odometer.

One thing I find odd with this car is the ride is unusually bumpy. I used to drive a 2002 Accord EX V6 and it was smooth. But my CT seems to pass on every small bump on the roads to me and my steering wheel, while driving on the same roads. I asked about this with the dealer, he says it is because of the 4WD. I am not sure.

Also this car makes me feel leaning a lot more. For example, on an interstate highway, if I drive on the most left lane, I would feel I am leaning to the left (left side is noticeably lower than the right side). It is opposite if I drive on the most right lane, due to the fact that the surfaces of most roads are slightly bell-shaped. I would have to drive on the middle lanes to avoid such leaning feels. Again my previous Accord never gave me such feel on the same roads. Is it because the CT has wider wheel tractions or bigger wheels?

I have done quite a lot of research to decide on the CT. But I never expected this experience. I don't see many CTs on the roads and this actually makes me feel good (special). But one day when I was stopping at a red light, someone crossing the zebra line looked at my car and knocked my window. When I lowered the window, he asked me "What year is your car?" When I told him this year, he said "I have a Crosstour as well. But I am wondering whether to trade it in". I was sitting there figuring out what he meant until the next green light.
Welcome on board,,

well' i had 4WD ride is good with no complain.
first check tires pressure. if car leaning to one side also could be uneven road that could cause to lean to one side also hopping the aligment is ok for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumpy ride

Thanks for your reply to my first post.

Tire pressure and wheel aligment should be right because it is only 1.5 months old with only 1,000 miles.

I admit that roads in the areas are not very good. But I did not feel that much of the bumps with my old Accord. The leaning feel is also a bit excessive.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would still check the tire pressure with a good tire pressure guage. Are you feeling bumps in the road or is it a balance issue? I had a vibration in the streeing wheel and the dealer rebalanced to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Tire pressure and alignment can be off from the factory so double check it. we do alignment's on new cars all the time and dont pay for it dealers can cover them under warr until 6000km

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure where you're getting a bumpy ride from, replaced an Avalon with the CT, familiar roads seem the same.

The lean I have felt. Or, I have concluded that the perceived lean. There is a thread on the steering wheel not being centered, the CT does seem to get the steering wheel off center when riding in extreme lanes, and this helps with a perception of leaning left in a fast lane and right in the slow lanes.

Also, it depends where you live, the crown of the roads is quite high in places like S. Florida, they are built as such to help remove tropical downpours. Other areas of the South seem to have higher crowns also, let's say as opposed to New England.

I agree with the advice above, get the dealer to check the alignment, balance, and the tires to see if you have a bad tire. As Rusty said, 1K miles the dealer should take care of it. I had an alignment at 6k and ground force balancing. I had a vibration, the alignment was off front and back and the wheels/tires were out of spec. Problem solved.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advices.

I have now checked my tire pressure. To my disbelief they are all at around 40 psi, instead of the specified 33 psi! That leaves me wonder why the manufacturer did that and has reduced my confidence in the brand, at least in those made in the US. I will have to check the balance and aligment at the dealership. Thanks again for the advices from all of you.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have now checked my tire pressure. To my disbelief they are all at around 40 psi, instead of the specified 33 psi! That leaves me wonder why the manufacturer did that and has reduced my confidence in the brand, at least in those made in the US. I will have to check the balance and aligment at the dealership. Thanks again for the advices from all of you.
Tire Pressure should have been part of a "pre-delivery" check list / inspection at your dealer.

I don't think it was a Honda Factory problem as much as an absent-minded dealership employee putting the wrong pressure in the rires.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Tire Pressure should have been part of a "pre-delivery" check list / inspection at your dealer.

I don't think it was a Honda Factory problem as much as an absent-minded dealership employee putting the wrong pressure in the rires.
this is right they come with 40 or 45psi so if they sit a a shipping yard for a while they dont go flat the pdi process is to correct that along with alignment too on the road test !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the elite club of CT owners! I have mine now 2 months (Just over 6000 mls) I went in at 1600 and 2400 mls to have it aligned (2 times) because I had the same experience. after the 2nd alignment all is perfect. you just need to go to your dealer and insist on getting it done and dealt with! Good luck.

·
Registered
622 Posts

Should have remembered that. My Ridgeline had close to 50 psi when I got it. Could not understand why the truck rode so rough and bouncy.

As stated, this is how they come as shipped. And I think that many dealers, (all makes) half - a$$ prepping the vehicles.

Let us know if problem solved. There still may be balance and alignment issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts