Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why I bought the CT
Reasons:
1 It fits my wife and I perfectly in most every way (Don’t blame me, she picked the color:p)
2. It’s Honda !!!:D
I have a 1998 Accord LX with 188,000 + mi. Drove it back and forth 38+mi each way to the heart of NYC for work. It still has the same clutch, still gets 30+ mi per gal, on the highway. It runs straight with no hands, with original front end and suspension. The interior held up very well and all the buttons and knobs still work. I hit a road hazard and did some minor body damage and started thinking, well, how much life is really left in it, or me for that matter! Its nobodies’ guess! But it a good excuse, especially when they came out with this beauty!!! I can still sell it, the dealer wants to give me $1000 but somebody else actually wants it! Go figure! Now try that in an American branded car!
3. I have other Honda products
My brother decided to go for a Harley Davidson ($35,000) and sold me his 97Honda Gold Wing. It runs as good as the day he bought it. We were out riding with my 89 year old mother, so she could try them out (as a passenger. She has some serious spunk!) She said she liked the Honda better She said the Harley was too loud and less comfortable. He had the bike only a few weeks when the foot peg fell off. Harleys, they sure do mark their spots. Hee! Hee! No offence!! ;O) LOL.
4. I have a Honda generator. Starts up every time, Hardly know its running its so quiet.
5. I have a lawn mower with a cantankerous Briggs & Stratton. My bad. It will be replaced with a Honda. I’ve learned my lesson!
For those who say “Buy American” I say “The American car is mostly is not” Americans are Americans, they choose to be with their hearts, Industry is industry, even if home grown is not generally American and is generally not your friend.
For those who say The Union killed the American car companies, I say “Then why would I be willing to spend so much more for a smaller Honda when I could buy a Crown Vic for so much less. It’s quality stupid!! I blame the bean counters. Americans are not so stupid. Capitalism is the American way. Buy the best product at the best price and industry will race to meet the demand. The American car companies seem to have gotten the message, Ford for example! In the past they seemed to only focus on the profits, not the customer. It will be some time though, when they can prove that in general, they can build a car that can stand the test of time.
What you do, speaks so loudly! I can’t hear what you are saying
God is love. Love is the answer!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
A lot of good reason. I myself got mine because I thought it was a nice compromise for me. Traded in my 02 F150. Wanted to get something that fit me nice, rode nice, and got better mpg than my truck. Looked at various vehicles, and just felt right in the CT. We have a 04 Odyssey, had 0 issues with it. I had Honda motorcycles before and 0 issues. Wanted to get a fix expense on a vehicle so wanted to lease. Honda had some of the best lease offeres. So here I am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts