Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What comes to you mind as the typical crosstour owner, I was discussing with some friends this and we were having trouble pinpointing who the typical owner is. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
37 y/o married with 2 kids here, just purchased. Wanted a V6 4WD with good mileage, luxury interior, safety/functionality and good looks for reasonable price without compromising on reliability that comes with Honda.
Recently drove a ~90 mile stretch in Carolinas and had a mileage of 32.9 (a/c off after half way).

·
Super Moderator
337 Posts
I see a wide variety of drivers in them.

I am middle age man with teen+ kids and wanted to be able carry stuff including bicycles.

A quiet ride was one of my top requirements.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm 46, 6'3" with an athletic football players build. Empty nester, Mid Career in Market Management and I drive a lot for work. I need V6, AWD (for CT winter driving) luxury, but still wants a sporty feel. Vehicle must be professional looking without that Subaru Soccer mom look.

I need the vehicle to be sporty, professional, and able to be dressed up and down as I can wear a suit and hit the gym in the same day. For me, the CrossTour offers it all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm 42, married with kid, east coast. Cyclist, racks on top etc. Need room for family trips or for bike races. Funny thing, I most commonly see elder empty nester types driving them, including my Aunt.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
31 , single, I love Sedans, and suv, wanted something reliable and cheap to maintain but powerful and good looking. The CT is the best of both worlds. I love how it looks and how it drives. Its a sexy sporty boat suv slash hatchback thing and I love it.

Any young people around here?

·
Registered
43 Posts
36, married w/ 2 young kids, the CT is product of downsizing after we sold our boat and did not need the large SUV anymore. It's a good mix of sporty and utility, and it's a Honda.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm 22... no kids but I do have two large pups. I chose the CT for its uniqueness. I see at least 15 accords every day... the CT, at most 3.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's looking like all ages and "Types" choose the Crosstour, I think CT ownership is based on ones need more than anything else...

I'm 62, retired Computer Programmer for three years now, empty nest (sort of), our six children tend to move in and out still as needs arise.... I'm a BIG guy @ 6'5" and a few too many pounds right now. I also had just had a a Total Knee Replacement when I purchased my CT in 2013 I am dealing still with the other knee going bad, (A bit too many miles running long distance and playing Basketball I think), so the CT's slightly higher stance has really helped with exit and entry chores.

The interior is spacious and comfortable for my size and my 5' nothing spouse is also very comfortable in the car. The CT has plenty of power, decent gas mileage and the hatchback design gives me the flexibility of hauling cargo for Home repair/gardening duties without the bulk of a SUV/Pickup. The CT is quite stylish wihout looking like every other car on the road, and it's a reliable Honda!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am a mid-40s guy no kids. I see mostly men driving them here in Central Maryland. It seems to be a popular dad car. Most of the guys I see look like my demographic.

I bought it for the versatility. Our other car is a Benz coupe and not very useful beyond carting the two of us someplace.

I moved to a from a Subaru. I loved my Subie, but my knee fell out of love with a clutch. Subie moved to CVTs so I moved to Honda. What a step-up in refinement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am 64, retired and live in a climate with a lot of snow.......I was tired of driving Truck Type SUV's, wanted a Sedan with V6 and AWD....................Considered a number of different makes, but I just kept coming back to the CT..........I haven't been sorry, it rides great, looks great and was excellent on the snow last winter....Add to that decent gas milage and the fact that it uses regular gas.......

·
Registered
183 Posts
85, wife is 83 we bought it because we liked it's looks and how it drove.
Just a youngster here at 77, I like the CT because us older folks can get in and out so much better. After 16 months of CT ownership, still liking it. Highly upset that the CT is being discontinued as I like to trade every 2/3 years.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw all the Comercials regarding crosstour on YouTube and there was something in common writing them, Honda already asked themselves this question and found our that their main demographic is 35+ crowd, due to the crosstour's size and price. also this segment is very competitive with people having a choice of full size suv and full size sedans, the crosstour is a very niche market, for a very specific customer. blame the way they marketed the car but as an early 30 's owner I found the sedan and suv Mashup hard to beat. the love I have for this car is indescribable and my friends will never understand

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just turned 42 (April 28th). I'm single w/ a partner and two small poms (no kids). I've had the car for 5 years now, so that means I bought the car when I was 37. I chose this car because it's uniqueness grabbed my attention - in spite of it's age, everyone still asks me what type of car it is.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
There are 7 Crosstours within an 8th of a mile of my home with 4 (three White/1 Kona) of them on my street. 5 are owned by folks that are 65+ years (I'm 71) and two are family cars with parents in their 40's.

I have not yet decided if I will keep the existing Crosstour or get a 2015 model. It looks like I'll have about 30,000 miles on my existing 2012 by the end of this year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well I'm new here, and I'm 42, married 2kids. Athletic type, used to race motorcylces, like fast things,, and this is my first new car.(and first car pmt :( )
But I loved the car when I saw it and learned about it.

Now I have 5 cars....... hmmm

2015 Xtour
2008 Pilot
2002 Accord
1992 Aerostar (125000 miles only, and Nice)
1979 F150 (restored and lifted)

Don't get me started on the ATCs

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm 21. I used to have a 2011 Honda Accord SE and loved it but wanted more power and 4wd for the winters in NY. I have a 2013 Crosstour and at the time there weren't really that many options on a 4wd/awd automatic car that was reasonably priced versus features.

I test drove a 4 cyl legacy and just couldn't see myself happy in it. The dealerships weren't really getting the 6 cyl Legacy so I wasn't able to test drive it.

I really like the unique styling. I think the car could have been so much more than Honda made it. I am told from one of the sales guys that Honda had been thinking about making an AWD accord. Maybe we'll see that once the accords go through a redesign. I feel like an AWD accord would sell really well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts