Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has an AWD CT and lowered with bigger rims? Any issues and what did you end up doing?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Yeah, I got 20x8.5 Rims Tsw Nurburgrings, and I wrapped them in Continental Extreme Contact DWS (And I really love the wheels / tires)

Definitely more rolling resistance than the Michelin's Latitude Tour HP, but the wider tire makes the car feel even more solid on the ground, with better cornering, and since I painted my calipers... it looks great!

With stock suspension & 20s you get a little more bumpy / vibration from road imperfections, but personally I think it's more than acceptable (my mom approves both driving the new wheels and riding as passenger)

I personally wanted 19s for rims, as 19s allowed for 10mm more sidewall and a much better visual ratio to the car, but the tire selection really sucked at that size...

Though after getting 20s, I've loved them dearly and have never looked back (I kept my 18s for winter).

As for lowering...

If you live somewhere with good roads like 7thsign (Florida), you'll love going KSports Coilovers... you can really push your car, but for me (NYC), the roads are too rough to run coilovers with the standard spring rates.

I'm switching to H&R Lowering Springs and the stock struts... hopefully it'll be a little less bumpy. (coilovers are great when roads are flat, but here in NY the roads are horrible, and they end up either rocking the car when dampening is too soft, or hit really hard and you snap your neck going over stuff...)

I'll probably want to sell mine if I like the lowering springs so keep an eye out.

So Summary:

I recommend wider tires (with 8 to 8.5" wide rims)
You don't have to lower it... but if you do, consider lowering springs first if your road is bad...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got 20x8.5 Rims Tsw Nurburgrings, and I wrapped them in Continental Extreme Contact DWS (And I really love the wheels / tires)

Definitely more rolling resistance than the Michelin's Latitude Tour HP, but the wider tire makes the car feel even more solid on the ground, with better cornering, and since I painted my calipers... it looks great!

With stock suspension & 20s you get a little more bumpy / vibration from road imperfections, but personally I think it's more than acceptable (my mom approves both driving the new wheels and riding as passenger)

I personally wanted 19s for rims, as 19s allowed for 10mm more sidewall and a much better visual ratio to the car, but the tire selection really sucked at that size...

Though after getting 20s, I've loved them dearly and have never looked back (I kept my 18s for winter).

As for lowering...

If you live somewhere with good roads like 7thsign (Florida), you'll love going KSports Coilovers... you can really push your car, but for me (NYC), the roads are too rough to run coilovers with the standard spring rates.

I'm switching to H&R Lowering Springs and the stock struts... hopefully it'll be a little less bumpy. (coilovers are great when roads are flat, but here in NY the roads are horrible, and they end up either rocking the car when dampening is too soft, or hit really hard and you snap your neck going over stuff...)

I'll probably want to sell mine if I like the lowering springs so keep an eye out.

So Summary:

I recommend wider tires (with 8 to 8.5" wide rims)
You don't have to lower it... but if you do, consider lowering springs first if your road is bad...
Thanks man! I live in Phoenix our roads are actually really good. (I used to live in the Mid-west and bunch of pot holes) So I will diffly be lowering it! I will keep you guys updated it'll probably be after the holidays though :)

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Yeah, I love the coilover's sporty drive... but here in NYC, it's horrible for a family car / weekender.

I've placed orders for lowering springs but so far no one has it... we'll see.

If anything, I'm going to go much softer springs on the coilovers.

Else stock springs / struts it is :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright! I just did it, put the order in for Some Motegi MR107 20" rims and tires and the KSport Coilovers and also the Camber kit! So now I just sit back and wait! Will have pics when it gets here :)

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Cool, make sure to let us know which damper setting (front and back) do you use... 7th Sign and I originally used 7 clicks from the hardest... but I think we've since played with about 9 or 10 from the hardest...

Let us know about ride quality as well.

Also, I find that dropping 1.25 - 1.3 inches will give you the best rounded look (where the top gap = left and right gap of wheel), anything more than that will start to go towards a more slammed look.

Alright! I just did it, put the order in for Some Motegi MR107 20" rims and tires and the KSport Coilovers and also the Camber kit! So now I just sit back and wait! Will have pics when it gets here :)

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
How's the roads in Atlanta?

I'm going to re-install my KSports this spring... and if I an't get them to work well with NYC roads, I'm planning to sell them.

keep us updated im going to lower my crosstour this spring. waiting on the rims I want to come out

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually like the slammed look! Whats the max drop without getting special sized shafts?

7th Sign,

what do you have your settings at right now and how is it? Also what is yours dropped to and do you have special shafts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Coilovers and Camber Kit came in this morning.... Rims say Estimated Ship date March 4th! Ughh :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone got some rotors and pads to suggest??

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I got some Rotors from http://brakeperformance.com/

I got Slotted and Dimpled mostly for looks, but I do push my ride a lot when I drive through the mountains.

I did get Yellow Stuff pads, but I'm not happy with them...
Not that I'm complaining about the brake dust like everyone else... it's more like the rear pads wore out already...

When i got the rotors, the breakperformance package came with pads, so you can just use those after your OEM wear out.

Anyone got some rotors and pads to suggest??

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey fellas
so its been a while im glad to see more crostour getting modded and more going the slammed route this car in my opinion looks so much better slammed so ive since changed my set up and im now on full air ride on ksports. my dampening was tweaked to 14 clicks from full stiff front and back and it rides like its on a cloud

here she is currently resting at work tucking 20's by 10.5 all around

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Funny thing 7thsign, I've been thinking about air too if my next attempt at KSPort Coilovers with the softer springs doesn't pan out...

Show me some pics of your air setup on another thread :)

BTW: You Camber your wheels or is that natural when you slam it in park?
I'm guessing with 1/4" outside of the wheel well it's hard to slam directly up and down without some added space or Neg. camber?

hey fellas
so its been a while im glad to see more crostour getting modded and more going the slammed route this car in my opinion looks so much better slammed so ive since changed my set up and im now on full air ride on ksports. my dampening was tweaked to 14 clicks from full stiff front and back and it rides like its on a cloud

here she is currently resting at work tucking 20's by 10.5 all around

·
Registered
158 Posts
GL thats all natural camber when aired out no modification whats so ever except for the fender roll which was done when i was dropped on the coils. we are kinda blessed with have plenty of room in our rear wheel wells to accomadate such a drop

DM or text me and ill show you the set up and answer any questions you may have.

how are you liking the rotors from brakeperformance? im thinking about going with there's or using R1 concepts since they are offering me a 30% discount

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Hey 7th,

Thanks, I'll ask when I'm more serious about air ride... need to save up a few months for that :)

As for brakes:

Performance has more to do with my tires than with rotors at this point... on stock wheels and tires, I feel like I have very good emergency stopping power. But with the 20's and Cont. Extremecontact DWS I actually have less braking ability in an emergency (probably to do bigger gaps for better snow performance).

Anyway, I got dimpled and slotted rotors for show... and I think they add to the styling of the car with my rims exposing the brakes.

However, as someone else posted up here, slots are meant for shaving off the brakes pads in racing applications, and thus cut down on the life of your pad... (I just replaced my rear pads recently, but this also may have to do with the fact that I took it and pushed it pretty hard on the mountains during a snow storm).

Anyway, I don't regret the slots at all, and performance with the right tires will be great, and if you're not worried about changing pads, then go for it... otherwise go with just dimpled or drilled for looks.

As for my rotors vs. R1, I think whatever is cheapest to be honest, I don't think you do any race application so it doesn't matter that much.

You can check out my older posts for exact part number and price, and mine came with a set of pads...

After I've been driving it for a while now, I don't really recommend Yellow Stuff for you though, but that's just me.

Hope you're well man, great pic as always.

GL thats all natural camber when aired out no modification whats so ever except for the fender roll which was done when i was dropped on the coils. we are kinda blessed with have plenty of room in our rear wheel wells to accomadate such a drop

DM or text me and ill show you the set up and answer any questions you may have.

how are you liking the rotors from brakeperformance? im thinking about going with there's or using R1 concepts since they are offering me a 30% discount

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn 7th your xtour is looking good... I'm just waiting on my rims to get here then its off to the shop! I'll post pics asap

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks man can't wait to see yours

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I didn't even notice that the black roof is new... I like it though.

In the spring I'm going to strip all the PlastiDip and then get Vinyl done to black out the same things...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts