Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I really like my CT. It is a great car, drives wonderfully, and has a lot of utility ( I was able to easily put 2 mountain bikes in the back ). The only issue that has been bothering me is the paint. It is white and looks great until you look at the seam where the plastic bumpers come up to the metal. The bumpers look like they are a slight shade of yellow compared to the rest of the car.

I was wondering if anyone else with a white version has noticed this. I am going to take into Honda and see if I can get them repainted under the warranty. I will let you know if they work with me and repaint and what it looks like afterward.

Other than that, this has been the best, most exciting Honda I have ever owned and we have owned quite a few.

·
Registered
234 Posts
First, I really like my CT. It is a great car, drives wonderfully, and has a lot of utility ( I was able to easily put 2 mountain bikes in the back ). The only issue that has been bothering me is the paint. It is white and looks great until you look at the seam where the plastic bumpers come up to the metal. The bumpers look like they are a slight shade of yellow compared to the rest of the car.

I was wondering if anyone else with a white version has noticed this. I am going to take into Honda and see if I can get them repainted under the warranty. I will let you know if they work with me and repaint and what it looks like afterward.

Other than that, this has been the best, most exciting Honda I have ever owned and we have owned quite a few.
just take to the dealer i'm sure they will take care of it if the paint not match.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum ! the issue is common with bumpers matching perfectly,there is not too much that can be done because they are differant materials the bumpers are plastic and the rest of the car is metal.Sometimes bodyshops can get them closer but they will always be a bit off. With repainting bumpers they always chip easier too so be careful.

·
Registered
622 Posts
No advice on the paint but welcome to the forum . And, please do follow up on what the dealer suggests/does.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw this also while I was buying the car. I wanted white and I saw 2 other ones before I bought mine...... same thing! Rusty is right; because of the difference in materials you get a slight difference in color.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Along with the different materials the bumpers are often painted in a different factory than the vehicle is assembled in. Different factories can even have slightly different paint formulations for the same colour.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Take a picture

I have the white pearl and I have not noticed that. Could it be that the paint has pearl flakes in it, and the pearl color gets a little darker at the metal. Take a picture and let us see what you're talking about. I haven't notice this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Need to walk next door to the Mercedes, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW, Audi dealership and check out all of their light colored vehicles, you will see the same thing. Most people are soo excited about their new vehicle they don’t notice this. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the white and my colors match very, very nicely. I'll have to watch this over time now, though. I wonder if they'll age differently.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you spray the exact same paint on the urethane bumper and metal body panels at the exact same time, the urethane bumper is going to look different then the metal body panels... its the way the paint takes to the different materials...

its like this on every car...

well, unless you get into the 6 figure range...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I work for Honda as well. mechanic, selling and now an advisor in service. All pearl white not just on the cross tour, the accord v6 and the pilot touring as well as the hybrid vehicles all share the same thing. due to differance in material the paint is being sprayed on there will be a slight differance in color shade. Not much you can do about it. I personally would leave it alone. Your lower rocker panels on the doors also share this same thing if you look at them in the light.

when paint is applied there is differant ways thye have to prep the plastic and the metal. It will always bee a little off. You will always notice this on most lighter color vehicles.

but the factory paint is stronger and thicker I would leave it on once you repaint it's hard to match.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I work for Honda as well. mechanic, selling and now an advisor in service. All pearl white not just on the cross tour, the accord v6 and the pilot touring as well as the hybrid vehicles all share the same thing. due to differance in material the paint is being sprayed on there will be a slight differance in color shade. Not much you can do about it. I personally would leave it alone. Your lower rocker panels on the doors also share this same thing if you look at them in the light.

when paint is applied there is differant ways thye have to prep the plastic and the metal. It will always bee a little off. You will always notice this on most lighter color vehicles.

but the factory paint is stronger and thicker I would leave it on once you repaint it's hard to match.
I went out to take a look at my pearl white. The bumpers and the body all matches. There is NO color difference? Hmmmm. I guess that's a good thing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts