Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Crosstour.. and I want to make the Crosstour sound more like a racing car.

Is there any exhaust/muffler that I can buy? any website?

And in general, does anyone know a website for good parts of customization. I cant find any parts outside hondas. its frustrating because its hard to customize CT's since no one sells parts..

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Either the Magnaflow or Flowmaster would be my choice. It's difficult to know exactly how a different muffler will sound on any particular car. I would suggest you go over to YourTube and 'listen' to similar cars (probably Accords) with these mufflers and see what you think of the sound.

Adding a CAI (Cold Air Intake) will also give you more throttle sound. I believe that you can also obtain this same sound by removing the resonator from your stock OEM air box, but haven't verified that yet.

As for websites, Summit Racing, JEGS, are a few. Easy to over spend at either of these!! Amazon.com would likely be cheapest. Make sure you take pictures. Others here, including myself would like to follow your progress. BTW - Welcome to the forum with your first post!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for great info... is the exhaust on the Accords the same as Crosstours?

i share this car my family.. so i cant make it too loud. but i want a nice clean, sound that produces a turboy sound.. if u were me. what would u do

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
If I were you? If the vehicle is still in warranty I would not touch the exhaust. Perhaps just do the air box resonator or for more cosmetic, add a CAI (Cold Air Intake). Keeping in mind that this intake will not do anything for your HP or MPG. The benefit of a CAI is that you can now clean your air filter instead of replacing, sounds louder, and looks nice and shiny under the hood. That is not really a lot for the $300 price tag, but many people buy these.

The reason for waiting until your warranty is over, is that if you start to feel or hear a vibration in your car, and take it back under warranty for repairs, often the Honda dealer will claim that you caused the vibration by changing the exhaust and then won't cover it under warranty.

I'm told that some of the exhaust parts are the same as an Accord, but only a parts book would tell for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts