Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's now three weeks since I ordered my CT, and two weeks since I took delivery. The CT is absolutely perfect for me, and apparently perfect -- or at least acceptable -- to some other people. I've recently seen one Fiat 500, multiple Ferraris and a couple of Rollses, but I have not yet seen even one other CT. (south-central Connecticut)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's now three weeks since I ordered my CT, and two weeks since I took delivery. The CT is absolutely perfect for me, and apparently perfect -- or at least acceptable -- to some other people. I've recently seen one Fiat 500, multiple Ferraris and a couple of Rollses, but I have not yet seen even one other CT. (south-central Connecticut)
I am in Trumbull and picking up my Grey/Ivory EXL tomorrow.
There are several in town and I usually have a black one pass me every day on my way home on RT15.

I was originally waiting to see the 2012 in Basque Red but the deals they were offering on the 2011's were too hard to pass up.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think it has to do with the demographic of the normal Crosstour driver but...

...I can *never* manage to get any sort of acknowledgment or wave out of any other CT driver when I do see them.

They are all older, middle aged or retired folks just off in their own little world.

I even parked beside another CT in a parking lot and the driver happened to walk up. I struck up a conversation about her mud flaps, and how I was thinking about buying them for my car, and what she thought of the car etc etc etc.

After about 5min of niceties I mentioned that I plan on having mine for a while. She looked at me quixotically. I pointed to my car, which we were standing next to, and she went: "Oh! You drive one too?"

*face palm*

·
Registered
172 Posts
I live in So Cal and see someone drive theirs past my house on a regular basis. I've seen three in one day but most of the time I don't see any.

Yesterday, I was at Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos, CA getting my oil changed and tires rotated. As mine was in the shop another one came in so I walked by the car to see the driver inside. I wanted to talk to her about how she liked hers. I couldn't find her when I got the chance to look but when I left the dealership, we were side-by-side on the street at a red light. She mouthed to me through her closed window, "I like your car!" and gave me a thumbs-up. I wished I could have talked to her.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am seeing more and more here in the North West. Like I said before, I don't want a car that every Tom, Dick,& Harry is Driving. Also the people that own a crosstour are pretty intelligent and is buying a car for comfort, dependability, and long lasting.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I see several crosstours daily .... Oh yeah ... I live next to a Honda dealership. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
i see at least one a day when i go to work =P, i work as valet for a hotel, got to drive another one that wasnt mine =P

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very few Crosstours on the road

We bought our Crosstour Jan. 4, 2010. Since that day, I have seen one in a Costco parking lot and one in some city. The parking lot incident was strange since "my" car was in the wrong spot!!!

Everyone likes our Crosstour, but the fuel mileage is low and the vehicle price is high.

We bought our Crosstour for the 4WD, higher ground clearance, and the shield for the trunk area. After my wife turned crossways of our driveway before she got to the sidewalk (2 in. snow on the driveway) then I decided she needed a 4WD vehicle. I liked the Pilot and the CRV, but luggage in the rear can be seen and I don't want to unload our luggage when we travel! I do miss our 38+ MPG fuel mileage (at 70 MPH) of our 2006 Honda Special Edition. We could go 1,000 miles with just one fuel stop!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the only one in Italy and europe i believe... Is great i get complements from the Italian ALLL the time... Most of the time they tell me that it looks like the Panmera.... Great comparation, but i wish.... Anyways enjoy ur CT, great car.. In here it makes me feel like I have a ferrari since is the only one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its pretty obvious that the Crosstour is and will not be a big seller for Honda. I think the car is great in many, many ways, but its looks will not attract a lot of people. Unfortunately, I think the CT will go away soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Its pretty obvious that the Crosstour is and will not be a big seller for Honda. I think the car is great in many, many ways, but its looks will not attract a lot of people. Unfortunately, I think the CT will go away soon.
I like that it's not a car you see all the time. Don't you? I had a blue RAV4 that I sold after I got the CT and that is one common car. My S2000 was discontinued in 2009 and my NSX was discontinued in 2005. I don't see many of them either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Crosstour is one of the best kept secrets in the automotive industry. Owners that have them typically love them.

My wife drives ours and she gets compliments all the time. People stop to ask her what it is and tell her how nice it looks. Judging by some other comments on this forum this is a fairly common occurrence.

There is no marketing for the car and the early reports from the automotive press were not too kind. I had not considered the car after what I had read but then we drove one and I was thoroughly impressed. I like it better than the Acura TL we had previously.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts