Honda Crosstour Forums banner

When it Snows in NY :)

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GL84 
#1 ·
Funny Crashmaster did a thread on when people turn off VSA... I definitely turned off VSA today :cool:

Watch the whole thing if you've got time (the BMW does some good stuff), but the Video Description has a few of my best runs... 15:31 was the most amazing SAVE ever! :eek:

Here's the YouTube Link: Snow Time Fun

Enjoy

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Crashmaster took the words out of my (fingers in this case). Parking lot sessions are not only fun but essential practice for snow driving. Challenge yourself with control tasks and keep practicing until you get it right. It just may save serious damage or even better, serious injury in the future. So many "crash" videos that I have seen that were totally avoidable with better driving skills.

...and at least here in the Akron area, police may ask you what you are doing but leave you alone when you explain it... know first hand...

#4 ·
Just be careful for:

hidden parking barriers under the snow
large pot holes
sliding into dry pavement
etc. etc.

Any of which can easily break/bend axle(s), deflate tire(s), bend wheel(s) or do even more damage. Be careful and know your parking lot.

#5 ·
Early in the video, I drove over big dip under the watery area...

I slid into the water (with ice on top) and that had so much stopping resistance, I may have took myself off of alignment, but for the price of admission, it's totally worth it :)

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.