Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else would you like to see your CT have?

As much as I like my CT anything can be made better. I’ve made a list of things that I wish my CT had. Some of the below should be STANDARD equipment and some should be OPTIONAL. If you have any other thoughts as what you would like to have seen available for your CT, go ahead and add it to the list. Honda Reps often read these forums.

1) STANDARD - Lower rear of car 1.5 to 2.0 inches to give more level look and better handling

2) STANDARD - Slightly heavier sway bars, especially in rear

3) STANDARD - Side mirrors that fold in when vehicle is parked

4) STANDARD - A key that folds into the remote, thus reducing its total carrying size.

5) STANDARD - Side mirrors that light up when a vehicle is in your blind spot

6) STANDARD w/NAVI - Switchable front to rear camera to assist in parking

7) STANDARD - Dash mounted USB connector – inside the console is inconvenient

8) STANDARD - Use of blue lights instead of white for the center buttons to match gauges

9) STANDARD - Move to a 6 speed automatic instead of a 5 speed for better fuel economy

10) STANDARD - Add one more button that you can select: Performance v. Economy. This will computer change the vehicle for the mode of driving you want.

11) STANDARD - Raise engine compression from 10.5-1 to 11.2-1. Use the computer to determine gasoline type (octane). Then you can run premium if you want and have more power.

12) STANDARD - Keyless entry and keyless start

13) STANDARD - A 110 volt AC power outlet (perhaps 100 watts) under dash

14) STANDARD - Electrically controlled rear hatch close and open

15) STANDARD - A more stylish designed antenna on the roof. Currently looks like my kids walkie-talkie.

16) STANDARD - Real time Traffic Warning on the XM Radio (yes, I read the other threads)

17) OPTIONAL - Full panoramic roof

18) OPTIONAL - Selection of various style wheels & tires that would include 19 inch. With each increase in wheel size, it will reduce comfort ride and increase road noise.

19) OPTIONAL - A turbo option for the 3.5L engine for a potential 375 horsepower.

20) OPTIONAL - Front seats that also cool

21) OPTIONAL - Heated Steering wheel? I’ve never liked these.

22) OPTIONAL - Larger brakes with ceramic pads. Red Brembo calipers and cross drilled rotors.

23) OPTIONAL - Intuitive Parking assist

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dude, If you want all that then by BMW X6 or some other high end car. Cause the cost adding even half of your list would end up costing
60,000+++ dollars.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can add a few more for you...

Optional - Rear Privacy Cover
Standard - Cup Holder Molded into Front Door Pockets
Standard - Tire Pressure Monitoring System that reports individual tire pressure
Standard - Shift Down Button on Shift Lever that drops transmission from OD to next lower gear
Standard - Bring back the "System Info & Reset" buttons on the lower right side of the Steering Wheel that is shown on the Honda Owner Link Website under "personalized settings"
Standard on EX-L - Turn Signal Flashers on Rear View Mirrors
Standard on EX-L - LED Rear Brake Lights
Standard on EX-L - Front Passenger seat that raises and lowers
Optional - Remote Starter System that utilizes the standard key fob - (click unlock button three times to start)

Most of these are standard on other cars that have a lower or similiar price point.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quite a list, I can only add a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Manual transmission available at all trim levels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I miss my Passat...

Coming from an '06 VW Passat with the same MSRP- I miss these features:
- side front illumination when turning corners
- close all windows and sunroof from remote (?)
- Tiptronic tranny with paddle shifters and sport mode
- Bi-xenon adaptive lighting
- Better audio (Dynaudio is killer)
- 14" front rotors vs our puny 12"
- Double sun visors
- rear side and rear window shades
- flip down grocery bag hooks in trunk

There isn't independent TPMS readings? Crap- our Pilot did- thought it'd be the same. Guess that explains why the sensors are only 20 bucks.

Honda- make a Crosstour Touring with all the goodies with an MSRP under $45k and I will buy it.

I may be having buyers remorse, this post is depressing me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a Cadillac with the side front illumination and loved it. I haven't owned a car or truck with it for quite some time and forgot what a nice feature that is.

The Crosstour will open all the windows with the remote (just hold down the unlock button for a few seconds), but I don't use this feature at all. Our first Accord came with this feature, but we opted to install the remote starter instead which had more function by heating or cooling while staying secure.

Triptronic is fantastic as it gives you better control over the transmission and ultimately the road. Reviewers have said that the existing transmission is the same as it has been for eight years, but I have found the current transmission to be much more responsive and economical that those of years gone by.

The grocery bag hooks in the trunk are a fantastic feature that should be standard in every car trunk. Great suggestion.

Most importantly, don't be bummed out...this is a fantastic car with more forward thinking than many realize. The base price is perfect for Honda, but they certainly could add more features and accessories for additional dollars and let the buyers decide what they will ultimately pay.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some great options: Would you have added these? If yes, then you should have gotten the Crosstours bigger brother, the 2012 Acura TL. For a fully loaded TL, you would of had to cough up about another $10,000. I'm happy with my CT.

307-hp, 3.7 liter, 24-valve, V-6 engine
6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Sequential SportShift, Paddle Shifters and Grade Logic Control
Battery Management System
Remote entry system with folding key
6-Speed manual transmission (Available only with Technology Package)
Real-Time Traffic™ with Traffic Rerouting
Real-Time Weather
Keyless Access System with smart entry, push button ignition
6-level heated and ventilated front seats
Blind spot information system
19-inch, 5-split-spoke alloy wheels (SH-AWD)

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep...we looked at the ZDX. My wife liked the Acura, but I've got Honda blood in me.

They are built on the same platform, but are really two different vehicles beyond that. Base price on the Technology package is $50,520, which is very nicely equipped...then you go from there.

I think that it's human nature to look to improve what you've got...(at least it should be). If you look at the ZDX Forums, you'll see that even those guys are looking for rear LED's and a rear window wiper.

I'm extremely happy with my Crosstour, and am endeavoring to promote it whenever I can. Gas mileage is great, the ride is quiet and smooth, and the cabin is verrry comfortable. The base price is a fantastic value for the features and quality provided.

But I'll always look at ways to improve it, just like most everyone on this forum ;-)

Take care - - -

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I'd like to have a remote rear hatch lifter and closer, like my Chrysler minivans had and the Accura ZDX has. However, the center console in the ZDX is too high for my dog to climb over, so Honda wins. Dog wins, too. He always wins.

Oh yeah: when I lock the car, I'd like all of the windows and moon roof to close. I've been rained into twice, so far. Of course, when we leave the dog in the car, I'd like to be able to lock the car without closing all of the windows. Oh, well.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd like to have a remote rear hatch lifter and closer, like my Chrysler minivans had and the Accura ZDX has. However, the center console in the ZDX is too high for my dog to climb over, so Honda wins. Dog wins, too. He always wins.

Oh yeah: when I lock the car, I'd like all of the windows and moon roof to close. I've been rained into twice, so far. Of course, when we leave the dog in the car, I'd like to be able to lock the car without closing all of the windows. Oh, well.
Well, you can auto close all the windows at once by using the key in the outside door lock... The reason you can't do it remotely is for safety.

(so you don't accidentally close the windows on a pet or person)

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is one beautiful dog...although I think he got in trouble right after this photo was taken.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The two biggest things for me is no keyless entry, and no tiptronic mode, let alone paddle shifters... Will mounting aftermarket paddle shifters work?? or will it mess with the tranny or engine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts