Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a new car in the next year or two and I am wondering what people think a good replacmeent would be?

What I like about my 2012 V6 Crosstour:
I like driving position/height.
I like the power.
I like how quiet the car is.
I like the hatchback - let's me change shoes before hiking.
I like the handling.

What I don't like:
The blind-spot.
Breaking distance seems long.

I've looked at the CR-V and didn't like it for these reasons:
Lack of power
Noisier.

What would be a good replacement. I'd like to spend $30k of under unless there's a car that's so wonderful it's worth the extra money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a new car in the next year or two and I am wondering what people think a good replacmeent would be?

What I like about my 2012 V6 Crosstour:
I like driving position/height.
I like the power.
I like how quiet the car is.
I like the hatchback - let's me change shoes before hiking.
I like the handling.

What I don't like:
The blind-spot.
Breaking distance seems long.

I've looked at the CR-V and didn't like it for these reasons:
Lack of power
Noisier.

What would be a good replacement. I'd like to spend $30k of under unless there's a car that's so wonderful it's worth the extra money.
Don't know if it's in your price range, but the Honda Passport has a V6 engine, minus the 3rd row seat of the Honda Pilot. If I bought one, the first thing I'd do is disable the VCM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
used infiniti q70 bigger or q50 smaller. v6, similar hp probably more. no hatch tho
i just drove my sisters 2017 4 dr civic sedan not hatch but hatch version available. i didnt want to like it but it gets up and is similar body next to my crosstour. its definitely smaller and thinner than crosstour tho. they really just need to bring it back. i dont see anything i like. maybe audi rs5 sportback but $$$$

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
In 2012 I purchased a 2012 CT fully loaded (black on black). In early 2015 I upgraded to an Acura TLX Advanced fully loaded (black on black) and love it. A great upgrade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Third quarter of 2020 the 2021 Crosstour may be released. I would wait to make a decision while researching the options.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Yeah. I found a 2018 Acura TLX SH AWD A tech here in Indy for $25,700. In red, no less. There's not a thing wrong with my 2015 CT but, man oh man, is that TLX calling to me! J35 engine with an 8 speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can find a lot of used cars on Facebook Marketplace if you are not planning to get a brand new vehicle. Reading and researching will help you figure out which car will suit your needs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a 2012 EXL 4WD that I traded for a 16 Acura TLX SHAWD Tech package. Not sorry I did. Fun car to drive. A lot more fun than the Crosstour. And it will still get you home in bad weather. I'll add that I really, really liked my Crosstour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In about 6 weeks I’m replacing my garage kept 2014 White Diamond on Black Crosstour EX-L V6 with 56895 miles (it had 12 miles day of purchase) for a Model Y Duel Motor White on Black. I have driven Model X, S, and 3; to me the Y is a combination of all three. Actually, it’s like the X and 3 had a baby.

There’s a long story behind my decision, but know it has brought tears to my eyes. I absolutely love my CT. To this day I still get “what car is that or that’s a Honda?” and wow, that’s pretty sporty looking where can I get one”?

The jury is still out if I’m going to trade it or sell it. My husband told me I can keep it and sell it later if that will make the transition smoother, but to me that’s not practical. It's time to move on.

I know you want to stay around $30k, in my opinion the Model Y is worth the extra money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I despise Tesla as a man, and my living situation means I can't install a charger.

Also I've heard to many stories of bad Tesla part availability.

But I do know 2 people who own model S's that they are in love with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I despise Tesla as a man, and my living situation means I can't install a charger.

Also I've heard to many stories of bad Tesla part availability.

But I do know 2 people who own model S's that they are in love with.
Understandable. If we didn't have a garage to charge it we wouldn't be in the market. Also, there are hundreds of videos on YouTube of Tesla owners sharing their good and bad experiences. We have a list to check off or deny delivery.

It's all good, just thought I'll throw in my 2 cent...live long and prosper!

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
I may be in the market for a second CT at some point.

My 21-year old has "wanted" my CT since I drove it home new from the dealer. That in itself is a funny story. She kept talking about CT's when they first hit the street and kept telling me that I should buy one. The day it was purchased I parked it in front of the neighbor's house. My daughter noticed there was one of "those cars" next door and I walked outside with her to check it out. As we got close, I clicked the remote to unlock it :giggle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts