Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a ‘12 Crosstour. I really was looking for performance upgrades to the car, but the engine type really restricts what you can do. However, I’ve upgrades a lot of the lighting to LED over the past few years and really like that, plus got rid of that awful radio/environmental control button mess and got an aftermarket console panel and installed a double-DIN pioneer radio which has dramatically done a better job with sound quality with even stock speakers.

Anyone else done any upgrades to the interior, engine or handling?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a 2012 Honda crosstour. So far the only upgrade I've done is put on new tires but bigger . Stock is 225-60-18. I went to 255-55-18. Next upgrade is wheels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Some people use Acura TL sway bars in the rear, but I would wait for them to chem in with details. For 2012 some people disable Variabe Compression Management (VCM) that turns off cylinders for economy, claiming it hurts the motor. There are two products I forget the names of. Don't forget to look under the read passenger seat for rust/soup, orange stuff. If you see it need to have dealer seal up rear driver wheel well. There is a Service bulletin on that they won't know about, A14100E. You can see the howto section of this site to see how to lift up rear seat, and additionally if you want to remove the whole seat. To lift, there are two clips, each between were passenger knees would be. Squeeze the sides, pull forward. Slight down pressure on the seat can help.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I've been a busy boy. The best mods to date for me are the rear Acura (19mm) anti-sway bar and the leather wrapped steering wheel.

My Mods.

1-Under dash Ignition On Power Fuse Block
2-In Dash Garage door opener
3-Hardwire Radar Detector
4-Hardwire Aviation GPS Receiver
5-Front Console dual USB Outlets
6-Rear Console dual USB Outlets
7-Left Dash Cell Phone Mount
8-Left Dash Automated Cell Phone Holder
9-Right Dash iPad Mount
10-Right Dash iPad Holder
11-OEM Sill Lighting
12-Front foot well lighting
13-Rear foot well lighting
14-Trunk lid camera
15-Aluminum pedals & foot rest
16-19mm rear sway bar.
17-OEM Moon Roof Visor
18-OEM Hood Deflector
19-OEM Cargo Organizer
20-OEM Cargo Tray
21-OEM Cargo Net
22-LED Low Beam Lights
23-LED Fog Lights
24-LED Front Turn Lights
25-LED Rear Turn Lights
26-LED Lower Reflector Replacement
27-Front Door Speakers
28-Rear Door Speakers
29-Trailer Hitch Harness
30-Aftermarket Exhaust Tips
31-Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I’ve got a ‘12 Crosstour. I really was looking for performance upgrades to the car, but the engine type really restricts what you can do. However, I’ve upgrades a lot of the lighting to LED over the past few years and really like that, plus got rid of that awful radio/environmental control button mess and got an aftermarket console panel and installed a double-DIN pioneer radio which has dramatically done a better job with sound quality with even stock speakers.

Anyone else done any upgrades to the interior, engine or handling?
I've done a bunch to my 2015: LED lights, Hella horns, blacked out chrome in front, TLX sway bar, 19" wheels, leather parking brake cover and more but, far and away, my most satisfying mod has been the Katzkin leather seats. Earlier this year, I found myself interested in a late model Acura TLX with all wheel drive, and the J35 engine. It turns out the car I wanted was the car I had, (My CT EX-L) and I just was desiring the interior of the Acura, so I created my own version.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sharp! Ballpark what did it run, and how hard was the installation? Read seat bottom is easy to take out, but rear seat back looks tricky.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Sharp! Ballpark what did it run, and how hard was the installation? Read seat bottom is easy to take out, but rear seat back looks tricky.
Thank you for the compliment! I went to the Katzkin website and configured what I wanted, then had a local trim shop known for excellent service and quality work install it for me. Katzkin doesn't offer a front console cover upgrade, so I was able to have my shop custom fab that for me. Total cost was about $1,600.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very reasonable price. Looks like your installation shop did a great job. It looks like an exotic car's interior. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! That splash of color is great. I’ve got the all-black “leather trimmed” (whatever that means) interior. Hot AF in the summer, wish it had some cloth or other color to break up the monotonous black in the interior.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Done a few things to mine lol follow me on IG to keep up with all the updates of the #Hondamera @wdp_7thsign
😊😊

·
Registered
2013 EX-L no NAV
10 Posts
I'm a second owner. The previous owner got the chrome 18" wheels (dark chrome):

I'm tempted to do the LED upgrades for the headlights/tail lights/interior but have been on the fence because of the power conflict issues associated with the bulb upgrades. So, I'm staying with the OEM halogens for now.

I've purchased the cargo net but still researching how to properly install an "upper" hook to the sides near the trunk lid. I'm worried about tapping/drilling into something behind the plastic trunk side panels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts