Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the 2013 EX-L 4wd v6 wo navi for a day and I'm amazed at the things the salesman didn't explain to me and aren't explained in the various confusing manuals.

What does it mean when the ECO light goes on?

I noticed driving home that the car has shift paddles. How would I use them?

Looking forward to driving more as the responsiveness of the engine seems bizarre. Hopefully not normal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had the 2013 EX-L 4wd v6 wo navi for a day and I'm amazed at the things the salesman didn't explain to me and aren't explained in the various confusing manuals.

Looking forward to driving more as the responsiveness of the engine seems bizarre. Hopefully not normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Eco Light means car is only running on 3 or 4 cylinders to save fuel. I have been averaging almost 30 MPG on my Crosstour:). To use the paddle shifters the car has to be in the S mode on the shifter and you can shift it like a manual transmision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Believe it or not, "VCM" is not mentioned in the owner's manual and none of the salesmen mentioned it. The ECO light is identified as "Economy mode" or something but there is no further explanation. It's bizarre to me that Honda doesn't advertise this feature, which I think is great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is it normal that the ECO light would be on while driving around town at 20-40MPH?
Yes, any time that the engine is not being stressed, it will enter ECO mode. Basically, any time you are coasting, going downhill, etc. More likely to happen at low speeds since there is very little wind resistance to overcome.

·
Registered
476 Posts

The ECO light (Only refereed to as the "Economy Fuel Indicator" on Page 10 of the Owners Manual), does not have an detailed explanation in the manual. But as already explained, the engine is operating in either 3 or 4 cylinder mode to save gas. perfectly normal if you are driving in a more "economical" frame of mind.

The paddle shifters can be used in Either "D" or "S" on the transmission gear selector.

"S" mode makes the transmission act like a standard shift transmission. You will have to select each gear you want (sequentially, much like a motorcycle transmission, not like the "H" pattern of old).

"D" mode allows you to use the paddle shifters to up-shift or downshift as needed but will return to fully automatic mode once the car notices you are "cruising" once again...

There are several scenarios you can use with this transmission. I highly suggest reading the owner's manual starting around page 428. I know I'm still digesting all the information...

Downloadable manuals are available at the Honda Owners Link website, http://owners.honda.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts