Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe the ejector seat switch or to operate the tire shredder?
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Building Musical instrument Gesture Thumb Gadget

• Angry
Reactions: beerhunt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These look like an after market installed switches, possibly for fog lights or some other feature.
I think Clifford Alarms my have used a similar system.
Do you know if the car has after market equipment?
You were close! The two twin switches are for two light bars the previous owner installed.

Still have no idea what the middle switch does. To add to the mystery, the dummy light on the switch only works about 1/2 the time I switch it on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You were close! The two twin switches are for two light bars the previous owner installed.

Still have no idea what the middle switch does. To add to the mystery, the dummy light on the switch only works about 1/2 the time I switch it on.
I suspect that the bottom switch, which as you say works half the time, is part of an alarm system, and is likely the "valet switch", which disables the alarm, and if connected to a light in the (secured)glove box or trunk,(as example), it will cause the alarm to go off.
I think the reason it works half the time, is due to the position of the key in the switch.
I believe the key must be in ignition position, before the switch is pressed, to activate/deactivate the alarm.
Follow the wires to locate the "main brain" of the alarm, it is likely under the dash on the driver's side.
If there is a brand or model number, you may still be able to get a fob for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts