Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound really stupid but I really need advice.

I leased 2011 Honda Crosstour and had a problem the other day. Make a long story short I almost had a head on collision so i kind of jumped the curb and ruined my front end. (Not the body/paint though).

When I got out to confront him, he sped off. Also I checked the space between the front left tire/Front right tire and the space on the front left is much wider (3 fingers higher) the right side.

* Questions *

1. Is it under warranty because it was not in my control, I had no choice if I were to brake he would of hit me on head on.

2. Should I let my mechanic look at it?

* I think its a shock that broke, but not 100%

Please give me some advice....

Thanks,
Steve

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Hi Taylor,

In all likelihood you bent a front strut. It could be something else, but without an inspection, there is no way to be 100% sure.

According to Honda Warranty, this would be accident damage, not a defective part that should be covered under warranty. You might want to call your insurance agent and see if they will cover it. Not knowing your deductable, it might not really be worth it until you have a mechanic check it and give you an estimate of repairs.

Should you let your mechanic look at it? YES! It’s possible you might have a damaged (dented) wheel or through off your alignment too.

Does the vehicle still track straight with your hand off the steering wheel?
Is there any vibration while driving the car?

If it is a strut, call the Honda service department to get a price on parts and labor to replace one strut. You can also call Firestone, Goodyear, Midas, CarX or Sears and get an estimate from them too.

Either way, you may or may not want to report this to your insurance and not knowing your deductable, it's very possible it will be less than $500.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i actually went to honda and they gave me a free wheel aliment and said ever thing else looked fine. Im good friends with a few members and they took care of me. So im happy

=)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts