Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I looked for an OEM cargo cover for my 2012 for about 3 months after I got the car. Online Honda dealers, salvage yards, eBay, etc. Never found OEM for less than $350 and I wasn't about to spend that.

Bernardi Parts still has them on their website as available for $355.40 in the kit form with the beefier struts, but you'd have to check with them.
Comes with cargo cover 84410-TP6-A03ZA, tailgate liner 84400-TP6-03ZA, 2 cargo cover hooks 84402-TP6-A01ZA, left strut 74870-TP6-A01 and right strut 74820-TP6-A01. You need all the parts to make it work properly.

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Cargo-Cover-Crosstour__CARGOCOVER-KIT.aspx

I ended up buying a aftermarket cover and struts on Amazon, at about a third of the cost of a new OEM. It fits perfectly, works as intended, uses the factory mount points and hardware, removes very easily when I need the space, stays where it's supposed to and doesn't shake or rattle. I've seen an OEM cover and this one seems no different to me. The aftermarket struts handle the extra weight of the tailgate liner just fine.

Cover - https://amzn.com/B078YFHGMR $109.95
Struts - https://amzn.com/B01EKL6LNY $35.90

OEM installation instructions are accurate for the aftermarket version as well. Do not try and change the struts on your own without a solid prop rod or something that will support the tailgate, it's heavy heavy.

Install instructions - https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2015_Crosstour_CargoCover_AII52156.pdf

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked for an OEM cargo cover for my 2012 for about 3 months after I got the car. Online Honda dealers, salvage yards, eBay, etc. Never found OEM for less than $350 and I wasn't about to spend that.
Wow. That's an outstanding response. Thanks for taking all of your good time to detail it on my behalf. If we ever meet, the meal or the brew is my treat.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the cover today but had to send it back. The plastic edges were frayed, the screw beds were full of dirt and dust, there were scratches on it and it had finger prints that would not clean off.

The vendor is sending a new one and I dropped the first one off at an Amazon return center for return at no charge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ouch, sounds like they shipped you a return or something. Mine came loose in a huge box, but both pieces were wrapped seperately in sealed plastic bags. The hooks were in their own sealed plastic bag. They used brown paper as the box filler. Here's hoping you get a proper new one this time.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch, sounds like they shipped you a return or something. Mine came loose in a huge box, but both pieces were wrapped seperately in sealed plastic bags. The hooks were in their own sealed plastic bag. They used brown paper as the box filler. Here's hoping you get a proper new one this time.
Well what I got is not at all what you are describing. It was two panels with everything attached. One panel in a plastic bag and one in a fabric bag. I returned it and got a new one today. It's in better condition but still not great.

But, there is another problem today. It does not FIT!

The end of the rear panel with the two clips that mount to the back panel of the lift gate is square. The trim on the Honda is round. They do not fit and the rear panel cannot be mounted to the Honda lift gate. I'm returning it to Amazon in the morning. And, I'm giving up on this project. I'm totally pissed at the vendor.

I'm going to return it tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man that bites. Not saying you didn't double check, but they sell a bunch of different covers from that same page. There is a pull down to select the correct one. The one pictured when you select 2010-2015 Honda Crosstour is exactly the one I received. I don't know why they can't get yours right.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man that bites. Not saying you didn't double check, but they sell a bunch of different covers from that same page. There is a pull down to select the correct one. The one pictured when you select 2010-2015 Honda Crosstour is exactly the one I received. I don't know why they can't get yours right.
It was right. The box had an external tag on it that said "Honda Crosstour". There's no mistaking that.

On the very positive side, I did install the new struts that you suggested and they are outstanding. With just a finger tip I can raise the tailgate and close it. That's, as I said before, outstanding. It was worth the missteps on the cargo cover to have the struts.

BTW, I used an adjustable exterior painting rod to hold the door up while I made the swap. It made the one-man job quite easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts