Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VSA and malfunction indicator lights came on yesterday at the same time. Anyone else have that problem?

I also noticed my ECO light doesn't come on anymore.

I'm getting it checked Saturday. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ECO WILL NOT WORK WHEN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. VSA COULD BE RELATED TO ABS. HONESTLY COULD BE WEEK BATTERY SEEING LOW VOLTAGE TO A COUPLE OF SYSTEMS. i WOULD TEST BATTERY FIRST. IF SO TAKE IT IN IT WILL BE COVERED ON YOUR WARRANTY FULL REPLACEMENT FOR 3 YEARS.

EITHER WAY SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY UNLESS A FURRY FRIEND FOUND A HOME IN YOUR ENGINE BAY AND ATE SOME WIRES. THEN THAT IS A DIFFERANT STORY.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good news!

Do you know if this is a new firmware version that others could benefit from, or did they just re-flash your carputer with the previous firmware?
http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823

This is a known software problem. The signal is false, the correction is a software update. Had the same thing a month ago. (See link above) So, I think it is a new firmware version would answer your question.

I was told that Honda will correct this as it happens, does not require a recall, or TSB to do it as you come in.

A few members were going to ask for the update on their next service visit. Perhaps someone can report in.

·
Registered
621 Posts
http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823

This is a known software problem. The signal is false, the correction is a software update. Had the same thing a month ago. (See link above) So, I think it is a new firmware version would answer your question.

I was told that Honda will correct this as it happens, does not require a recall, or TSB to do it as you come in.

A few members were going to ask for the update on their next service visit. Perhaps someone can report in.
Oh yes, I remember reading that thread.

Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it is new firmware as army dad points out.

I have a viper remote start. Everything works except the remote start function since I've had the lights come on (before firmware update). It gives me a "remote start error" message. Coincidence? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cooincidence. I read the viper manual (imagine that!) and figured out that I accidentally flipped the toggle switch, turning off remote start. Figures.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Cooincidence. I read the viper manual (imagine that!) and figured out that I accidentally flipped the toggle switch, turning off remote start. Figures.

Glad it worked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts