Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am hoping somebody came across this issue. I am running out of options.
2013 CT EX-L Navi. 204k km (yeah, I am in Canada)
One nice afternoon, backing out of garage my steering wheel stopped working and amber EPS light came on. I didn’t have a scanner capable to read “All network” codes at that time. After reading online about similar issues and because my battery was 4-5 yrs old and started to flicker my headlights more then usual when starting the car.
New battery did not fix the problem. I took it to Honda dealer and they replaced EPS module (under some kind of warranty).
Two days later, I got Christmas lights on my dashboard. FCW LDW Traction and ABS light on. Interesting part is that lights would not show up the next day on first couple drive cycles and on the third drive, Christmas again. I got myself a reader to get the codes. I got 4 DTC from the modules:
ABS/VSA - 66-13
FCW/LDW - U0416-68
Body Electric - B12D1
PCU - B12D1
With this knowledge I hit Internet and YoutubeVersity, however, after a week or reading and watching countless videos, I am not closer to a solution. I know about the relay, going to disconnect and test it on my bench tomorrow. Also, Live Data from my scanner shows IG1b circuit output on PCU at 0.3V where IG1a and IG1 shows 14.1V. Break pressure sensor numbers change when applying pressure.
When I reset the codes, sometimes they come back in few minutes, even without driving and sometimes everything works for few hour drive. I tested ABS and FCW during the drive, all good. But as soon as lights come on, breaking reverts to a traditional non-ABS mode.
Did anybody came across this combination of issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:
Body and PCU errors B12D1 are gone after disconnecting and testing relay box. One of the three connectors must have been loose.

Hi
I am hoping somebody came across this issue. I am running out of options.
2013 CT EX-L Navi. 204k km (yeah, I am in Canada)
One nice afternoon, backing out of garage my steering wheel stopped working and amber EPS light came on. I didn’t have a scanner capable to read “All network” codes at that time. After reading online about similar issues and because my battery was 4-5 yrs old and started to flicker my headlights more then usual when starting the car.
New battery did not fix the problem. I took it to Honda dealer and they replaced EPS module (under some kind of warranty).
Two days later, I got Christmas lights on my dashboard. FCW LDW Traction and ABS light on. Interesting part is that lights would not show up the next day on first couple drive cycles and on the third drive, Christmas again. I got myself a reader to get the codes. I got 4 DTC from the modules:
ABS/VSA - 66-13
FCW/LDW - U0416-68
Body Electric - B12D1
PCU - B12D1
With this knowledge I hit Internet and YoutubeVersity, however, after a week or reading and watching countless videos, I am not closer to a solution. I know about the relay, going to disconnect and test it on my bench tomorrow. Also, Live Data from my scanner shows IG1b circuit output on PCU at 0.3V where IG1a and IG1 shows 14.1V. Break pressure sensor numbers change when applying pressure.
When I reset the codes, sometimes they come back in few minutes, even without driving and sometimes everything works for few hour drive. I tested ABS and FCW during the drive, all good. But as soon as lights come on, breaking reverts to a traditional non-ABS mode.
Did anybody came across this combination of issues?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts