Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please check our Vossen wheels and there amazing video of my car on the 20x10.5 Vossen CV3 suoper concave wheels.

http://youtu.be/8DWJXmwZfKM

or go to www.vossenwheels.com to see link and full photoshoot feature coming soon!

sorry I dont know how to post actual video just pasted link. for anyone who knows how please feel free to fix it and paste link of video right on here insetead of going to youtube.

thanks

MIKE :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Please check our Vossen wheels and there amazing video of my car on the 20x10.5 Vossen CV3 suoper concave wheels.

http://youtu.be/8DWJXmwZfKM

or go to www.vossenwheels.com to see link and full photoshoot feature coming soon!

sorry I dont know how to post actual video just pasted link. for anyone who knows how please feel free to fix it and paste link of video right on here insetead of going to youtube.

thanks

MIKE :D
Just post the plain youtube link, you don't need to embed it or anything. Don't use your shortened link. Here, I guess I could do it.

Do they make them in 19"s or 18"s for those of us that might like a little less "Tokyo Drift" in our Crosstour? And what kind of exhaust is that? And will we see that Crosstour competing in any lowrider competitions in the southern California area this year? :)

-ace

·
Registered
422 Posts
good video mike. i envy you for doing something like that... i think you need a BBK :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just awesome...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no cali trips, Im a Dallas local so anyone in dallas area yes car will be featured in many local meets and shows.

they dont make the CV3 in a 18,19 only 20 and 22 but they do have other concave models if you wanna link then the 20 is actuall not the issue your concerned about its the offset. go with a higher offset nad you can make it work and go with a 9inch wide not 10.5, Im running a low offset +15 in rear thus the hokie pokie.1 but that is the aggresive stance flush look im oging for due to car shows.

thanks for the love yes more to come and I already have BBK in mind working with a few people to see if we can make some stuff work and fit. so stay tuned!

·
Registered
168 Posts
. . .

thanks for the love yes more to come and I already have BBK in mind working with a few people to see if we can make some stuff work and fit. so stay tuned!

Mikedct - I'm doing some part # cross-checking and research on an off the shelf factory part BBK and I'm glad to share any and all findings with you. . .

The CT does start with some of the bigger brakes in the Honda parts catalog w/ 10.7" vented rotors up front with rather large 2 piston calipers and according to Edmunds review does 60-0 in 131 ft which is good but not great.

I tend to like OEM part sourcing because parts are always available, drastically cheaper than a Brembo kit, probably better components than are in a lot of other kits, and too many people have fake Brembo covers and stock brake discs with holes drilled into them for no good reason.

There seem to be two popular OEM BBK ways to go:

1. TL-S OEM Brembo 4-piston calipers, w/ S2K 11.x" front rotors, maybe our stock rotors would work, dunno, and sometimes a hub and/or steering knuckle change out. All that might not be necessary because in total exterior size those brake calipers might be smaller than ours.

S2K rotors w/ TL-S Brembo OEM calipers (note long titanium racing studs)

2. And older RL front calipers which have the biggest overall clamping area of any Honda caliper made. They are often paired with Nissan OEM brake rotors from the 350z (12.x") up to the G37 (14", and very heavy). I'm not familiar enough with the CT's brake component pieces, but at least on some Honda models, the RL caliper appears to be an easier swap. Article 1 & Article 2

This is a rotor 1" bigger than ours, and the caliper still looks huge

If serious interest was present, I'd look into the OEM brake boosters on all of these vehicles and see how they compare, I would anticipate the TL-S & RL both might be underboosted a bit compared to the CT.

And the other thing I would make sure not to do if I did this for myself was to intermingle different kinds of wheel studs and lug nuts. A lot of ricers whose knowledge of cars is relayed exclusively through Vin Diesel will put long Titanium or steel alloy studs through the hub and use special "lightweight aluminum racing nuts." Stick w/ OE studs & nuts if you can, and if you need longer studs for wheel/brake fitment reasons make sure they are made out of the identical metal to the nuts. Aluminum nuts have elasticity, different tensile properties, and you generally throw them away after so many cycles because they get fatigued. And titanium is so corrosion resistant, almost any dissimilar metal you thread onto it will act like the sacrificial rod inside your water heater and get all rusty. Sorry to nerd out, but I did work a short short time in materials engineering and one place I wouldn't want to mess around would be the point at which my wheels attach to my car, and it scares me that anyone can seemingly sell any aftermarket part for people to put on their vehicles.

Wow this was a long post to type all from my iphone will driving! :)

-ace

·
Registered
180 Posts
Fantastic Video and a GREAT car. Those wheels are amazing!
I'm Dallas based, so let me know where the meets are and I'll try not to be in the sky long enough to come see this beauty and get some shots of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts