Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the voice activation system on the CT, I have learned a few commands that I use on a regular basis. Simple ones like; trip computer, temp control & Blue tooth commands. I have noticed though when it’s raining that voice commands are rendered useless from all the rain pounding on the car. Has anyone else had the same Issue?
I know voice recognizing technology has come a long way in the last 5 years and I sure it will only get better in the future. I also wonder how Honda compares to other systems such as Ford’s Sync system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I find the voice commands cumbersome - far too many commands to memorize. Additionally, I can access and activate controls faster than using that interface.

Vince.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was disappointed with the bluetooth features. I loaded my phone contact list in and I figured I would just say "Call John" and it would call but instead you have to say the phone numbers. Is this right or am I doing something wrong? By the 3rd number I usually give up bc she must hate my voice and never hears the numbers correctly.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I was disappointed with the bluetooth features. I loaded my phone contact list in and I figured I would just say "Call John" and it would call but instead you have to say the phone numbers. Is this right or am I doing something wrong? By the 3rd number I usually give up bc she must hate my voice and never hears the numbers correctly.
After importing the phonebook, or adding numbers to the car, you have to assign them to the quick call list and teach the car the name and voice. It records the sound of you asking and then matches it when you ask later on.

I've only put my top three phone numbers in the car since it is so cumbersome to add all of them.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I love the voice activation system on the CT, I have learned a few commands that I use on a regular basis. Simple ones like; trip computer, temp control & Blue tooth commands. I have noticed though when it’s raining that voice commands are rendered useless from all the rain pounding on the car. Has anyone else had the same Issue?
I know voice recognizing technology has come a long way in the last 5 years and I sure it will only get better in the future. I also wonder how Honda compares to other systems such as Ford’s Sync system.
I'm babysitting my daughter's 2012 Ford Raptor pick up. I've played with the Sync System a little bit. I like it better than the CT's, the Ford seems more intuitive. /The Ford display is much brighter and the back up camera is fantastic. I mean bright and I think Hi Def.

Like the truck too, 411 hp, steel plates, the whole deal. Think she paid more for it than I did for my second house. lol.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm babysitting my daughter's 2012 Ford Raptor pick up.
Like the truck too, 411 hp, steel plates, the whole deal. Think she paid more for it than I did for my second house. lol.[/QUOTE]

Raptor, Love that truck. One Bad A$$ machine

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm babysitting my daughter's 2012 Ford Raptor pick up.
Like the truck too, 411 hp, steel plates, the whole deal. Think she paid more for it than I did for my second house. lol.[/QUOTE]

Raptor, Love that truck. One Bad A$$ machine

Just noticed Chef, now a moderator? Congrats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After importing the phonebook, or adding numbers to the car, you have to assign them to the quick call list and teach the car the name and voice. It records the sound of you asking and then matches it when you ask later on.

I've only put my top three phone numbers in the car since it is so cumbersome to add all of them.

Thanks! I will have to work on that this weekend. The car does way more then I give it credit for I'm sure. I just dont have the time to sit and read the the manual. lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Of course being a typical male, I didnt read the instructions fully and everytime I used the voice command it did something I didnt ask for... this caused me to get angry and start a fight with it...eventually I figured out that by reading and understanding the instructions first, it became very easy and quite simple to use. Even though it gave my Wife many hours of enjoyment being out smarted by an inanimate object, she doesn't have that opportunity anymore... but I still think the car is laughing at me.

I like the system, it even has a section to remind you of birthdays etc... imagine your car reminding you that its your Wife's birthday... "Find nearest jewerly/flower store..."

Cheers
Pop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts