Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Home of the 302k 2012 Honda Crosstour V6 2wd
201 Posts
At those low speeds, could you be experiencing transmission judder? Some drain and fills using a full synthetic product like Valvoline MaxLife ATF and disabling the VCM will solve that.

My 275k mile CT is still equipped with original CV axles. I believe they’ve lasted so long because it is driven 80%+ highway. If I were replacing CV axles with high mileage, I’d replace both.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At those low speeds, could you be experiencing transmission judder? Some drain and fills using a full synthetic product like Valvoline MaxLife ATF and disabling the VCM will solve that.

My 275k mile CT is still equipped with original CV axles. I believe they’ve lasted so long because it is driven 80%+ highway. If I were replacing CV axles with high mileage, I’d replace both.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar issue over 2 year period, being a primary driver I became blind to the vibration. So by the time noticed the vibration it was extreme. At the following speed between 35/40 mph and 65/70 mph I would have a vibration, once I passed above or below it would stop and continue driving without issues. Then it started at 15/20 mph, very slight. So I ask my buddy to drive and he noticed it immediately. I a had new tires that were balanced 6 months ago and it was happening. A month ago we changed out the rotors and brakes because it was due, so then we checked the wheel bearings - no issues there. My buddy father-in-law by trade is an engineer for an aerospace firm on long island he was the one who help us figure it out. He helped us check the engine mounts - no issues there. We checked the drive shafts connecting the front and back - no issues there. We found the drive shafts on the driver side had a slight play of a 1/4 in movement on the twist, not the pull/push direction. So we ordered oem drive shafts (no intermediate) to change them out. Vibration gone. The cabin noise was quiet again. I have been so blind over time. Anyhow this was a 2012 honda crosstour with 95k miles. I also had the vcm tuner thinking that would solve - that did not - so I am full 6 all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts