Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I’ve have been throwing coolant temperature to low codes. I haven’t changed my VCMuzzler resistor in over a year, currently running the brown resistor.

What makes it odd, when it’s 30 degrees out, no code. 3 times it has thrown a coolant temp cold code when it has been 65 degrees. I replaced the temp sensor, no change.

I removed VCMuzzler and temp is normal, eco comes on. I don’t want to change the thermostat because I don’t believe there is an issue with it.

Any thoughts? I think I am going to go all in with the S-VCM and see if I have better results. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had s-vcm installed for about 5 months now. Through weather ranging from 20s-80s and haven't had issues. However, i'm not sure what your issue is, so not sure if it will make a difference. I mean it could be a sensor is going out and not reporting the temperature properly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had s-vcm installed for about 5 months now. Through weather ranging from 20s-80s and haven't had issues. However, i'm not sure what your issue is, so not sure if it will make a difference. I mean it could be a sensor is going out and not reporting the temperature properly.
I replaced ECT #1 and have experienced no changes. Don’t want to crack into the thermostat unless necessary.

·
Registered
32 Posts
BTW, i think i mentioned it in another thread, but when contacting the s-vcm seller, assuming you are buying it from the website, do not use the messaging thing that they have on the website, just email him directly. My device did not come the first time. I had to contact him and did not get a reply from the website. I started to think that it was a scam :). However, when i sent him an email he replied right away and rushed the controller to me.
Just thought i'd mention this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recently I’ve have been throwing coolant temperature to low codes. I haven’t changed my VCMuzzler resistor in over a year, currently running the brown resistor.

What makes it odd, when it’s 30 degrees out, no code. 3 times it has thrown a coolant temp cold code when it has been 65 degrees. I replaced the temp sensor, no change.

I removed VCMuzzler and temp is normal, eco comes on. I don’t want to change the thermostat because I don’t believe there is an issue with it.

Any thoughts? I think I am going to go all in with the S-VCM and see if I have better results. Any thoughts?
I’m having a similar issue with my 2013. I had VCMuzzler working for a year or so then all of a sudden I got a low coolant temp code, and check engine light illuminated. I unplugged the Muzzler for a day and now it’s fine after I unhooked the battery terminal to clear the code and CEL, but of course I have VCM again. Light hasn't come on again so I’m guessing it’s not the temp sensor or thermostat. Just not sure why it decided to throw a code now when it’s been warmer recently and I have had issues even in negative temperatures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts