Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
836 Posts
Besides the Sprint Booster, the VCM Muzzler is the only other product I would consider adding to my car, especially since I intend to keep it (Acura 2015 TLX 3.5L) for quite some time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Picked up a S-VCM Controller on eBay. Once it arrives I'll post back with my thoughts. That Sprint booster looks cool too! I'll have to set some time and money aside for checking that out next.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So far so good. S-VCM Controller took less than 5 minutes to install and has worked as advertised. Using Torque for Android to monitor coolant temp. It warms up normally and holds the reading at 163°. No more ECO light and a more responsive accelerator pedal.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
K Tuner can disable VCM

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed VCMuzzler last week, took about two minutes. Engine shutter and vibration is gone. Still working on running a full tank through it for differences in mileage. I was pushing 23mpg city, 27 HWY. I’ve had the car only a few months but never noticed oil consumption.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update... I went a full tank of city driving after putting in the VCMuzzler....I drive 18 miles to work through various traffic lights and back daily, plus misc errands. I averaged 23.9 mpg. So I would say a slight increase or at least steady. I have a 2010 CT, just purchased 6 weeks ago with 78,000 miles. No other mods.

·
Administrator
836 Posts
I have both the VCMuzzler 2 and Sprint Booster installed on my 2015 TLX Advanced with 3.5L. The car is much more pleasurable to drive. It shoud have come this way from the factory! Better acceleration and no vibration. I've been driving it with both these mods for about 6 weeks. Gas Mileage did go down from 23/27 to 22/26. Car is much more fun to drive, so I don't really care about 1 mpg loss. (your driving mpg could vary).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mileage update

On my 400 mike trip with speeds around 75 mpg, I was only able to achieve about 25.6 mpg. I thought it would do better, but I was happy. Consistently getting 24.5 on my daily commute tanks and misc driving around town.

However on my trip, hot as hell around 95 degrees...the VCM was kicking on. However I stopped for fuel and noticed paper towels were blocking a 6-8” window of the radiator area. It did kick on one other time, but just a tap of the throttle and it went off and didn’t come back on. I thought about upping the resistor one color, but it hasn’t turned back on since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Loaded question...

So....

I have been reading on all of these ....VCM muzzler, VCM tuner, and K tuner. Which one would be the best choice and why? I think 2 of them work on variable resistors and one is a computer hack? Would any of these void a warranty? Would you choose based upon expense or reliability/usability of the product? Any info would be appreciated!

·
Administrator
836 Posts
I would say it depends on what you want. Each of these are a little different and cost wise there is some difference too. For me, I just wanted something easy to install, hidden, easy to remove, does the job I want, and doesn't cost too much, which is why I went with the VCMuzzler. All of them work, you just have to decide which is best for you.

I did a quick search and found these prices.

VCMuzzler II is $89.88 + $14.85 shipping on ebay, making a total of $104.73
VCMTuner (Standard Version) is $79.95 + Shipping

The KTuner V1.2 is about $450 and V2.0 is about $650. This is a much more serious solution than above. This comes with a 5” touch screen display, store multiple tunes including factory tune, onboard logging, Bluetooth, and much more. Unfortunately, the KTuner is set and locked to only one vehicle. So trying to resell it or trying it on your friends car will not work.

Above prices can vary. You can find both the VCMuzzler and VCMTuner used on various Honda and Acura websites including Ebay.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts