Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We all want Honda to fix every problem we have by means of a recall. Unfortunately there are probably hundreds of reasons why a car can have a misfire. This is exactly why dealerships don’t like average people to have access to recall information. When I was a service manager I can’t tell you how many people came in demanding that we fix their car under some recall that had nothing to do with their vehicle and then went on to call the owner of the dealership, then the zone office and on and on up the ladder. Honda has very strict rules about what can and cannot be fixed under a recall. If a Honda dealership fixes anything as a recall that is not a recall, they will get charged back by Honda.

Your question: My question is, if there is a recall and a lawsuit, and my engine keeps misfiring why won't they fix it when they know what needs to be repaired?

The answer is: Lots of engines misfire for all sorts of reasons. If your vehicle needs repair, take it to the Honda dealer and ask them to fix it. If you continue to allow the misfiring, you are likely going to do more damage such as a catalytic converter.
I understand this is a relatively older thread, but your answer makes zero sense for the consumer. Honda won't even let you PAY to fox your car unless a computer tells them what's wrong- I have misfires CONSTANTLY while I am driving, and because there are no codes I am told there's nothing they can do. This has actually created a couple dangerous driving situations for me- and Honda doesn't care, even though I have addressed concerned over premature wear of other parts due to this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts