Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2010 Crosstour. When driving on the highway long distances the engine will misfire and the engine light comes on. This has happened several times. It also causes the engine to burn oil very quickly. I was told there is a VCM 2 Misfire Recall. I also learned where there is a class action lawsuit over this issue. Honda hooked the car up to their computer but did not get a code for the misfire. They told me without a code they can't fix the problem. My question is, if there is a recall and a lawsuit, and my engine keeps misfiring why won't they fix it when they know what needs to be repaired? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! What can I do about getting it repaired? I'm super frustrated over this! Thanks!
Currently , In the Honda dealership with a misfire issue. 2010 Crosstour. 1st time in the catalytic converter code , then the 2nd time misfire codes .. Seems these cars have engine issues. Is it worth replacing / rebuilding the engine?
Cost for this ? Unfortunate as the exterior and interior are mint. 179.000km Did you resolve your misfire issue and how?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would not let anyone tear into the engine...., yet, before trying this. There are a few steps you can take to try and get your V6 up and going, trouble code free.
  1. Most important, Disable the VCM. I use S-VCM made in Canada. This will keep your V6 running on all 6 cylinders 100% of the time.
  2. Air Filter replace if needed
  3. MAF sensor, remove and clean. Spray a few short bursts of CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner directly into the electrodes. Let dry thoroughly before re-installing.
  4. Air intake hose leak free, clamps tight. Inspect for cracks.
  5. Replace spark plugs if old or fouled. Ensure these are NGK Laser Iridiums or Ruthenium HX. Lesser quality plugs can lead to misfires.
  6. Inspect spark plug tubes, should be dry and oil free. Replace valve cover gaskets, grommets and tube seals if oil is present in tubes. Use OEM only.
  7. Replace or clean any oily coils. CRC Electronic Cleaner is ok to use. Do not soak.
  8. Replace O2 sensors if a trouble code specifically states there is an O2 sensor problem.
  9. Replace the PCV valve if original
  10. (Last, if needed)Replace or clean EGR valve, clean EGR pipe.
  11. Use a FULL synthetic engine oil only. No semi synthetic, blends or Extended Performance oils. These are more susceptible to thermal breakdown.
  12. Use a Top Tier 87 octane fuel (best) or injector cleaner if using untreated gasoline.
  13. Italian tune up, take your CT on some long highway speed drives. With the VCM off, allowing all 6 cylinders to fire, this will help clean those dirty cylinders.
These suggestions are good maintenance. It will cost you a lot less than a new engine. My 2012 has 260k miles on it and still going strong.
Thank you soo much for your information . slight oil leak on the spool valve so i replaced the below issues :

daria

1 - 2 of 2 Posts