Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not to repeat what Crash said so I will get straight to my questions..

While the dealer may not have found a misfire code, if your check engine light came on, their would have been a code stored. What was it?

While it is true that a misfire can damage a catalytic converter, the opposite can also be true. Had a car that would stutter and miss at high speed or under heavy load. It was a faulty converter. Once fixed, the engine issue vanished.

My point, like stated before, a misfire can happen for a great many reasons not related to the issue related to the recall. Get the root cause of the issue found out and fixed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Has any work been done on your vehicle? Tune up? Fuel filter? Air Filter? Plugs? Or anything else? If so, who did the work? I have had several things done to the car. Tune up yes. I'm not sure about the fuel or air filter and no on the plugs. I should also mention that it is burning oil very quickly. I have to refill the oil tank about every 2 weeks.
Holy cow that is a ton of oil consumption. When you say you have to refill the oil every two weeks, please don't tell me that it takes a full four plus quarts before you add it... Running it that dry will most definitely cause major problems.

I will assume you add when it is only a quart low at the most... in that case, your oil consumption is extremely high and needs to be addressed first and foremost. The miss fire can wait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts