Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I have a 2012 CT 4WD EX-L V6 and I love it! We do quite a bit of camping and are looking forward to taking this into the Sierra's this summer. We are shopping around for tow packages so that we can tow a small utility trailer for all of our stuff. I have two questions for everyone in relation to our plans,
1. Aside from the basic tow packages for sale online and through Honda, is there anything else I should consider adding to the CT to increase the weight that is able to be towed?

2. Does anyone have any leads on ultra light weight utility/cargo flat bed trailers that are appropriate for the CT? FYI, I have looked and researched online, but am just not finding decent matches, albeit this is a completely new field of knowledge for me.

Many thanks for your consideration and responses,
Sara

·
Registered
621 Posts
The towing capacity of the CT is must smaller than other vehicles in the same "class." Mainly because our vehicles don't have a transmission oil cooler, even as an option.

The OEM hitch is also of a lower capacity, which will limit the amount of weight that can be loaded onto it.

I know there has been some discussions about towing in the forums before, but I'm sure there is someone else here that knows more about the subject matter than I do that could chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts