Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to hook an Ipod Touch to the USB port on the Crosstour and then use the Ipod for artist/album/song selection?

I get frustrated when I try to play a Zac Brown album - I have to hit the page down lever about 50 times to get there - and then if I finish one album and want to select the next one, I have not found a way to back out of the Nav screen selector and have to start all over. Using the interface on the Ipod would be much simpler.

I suppose I could use the headphone connector, but using the usb seems much simpler - if I can get it to be more user friendly.

Thanks,

mmay256

·
Registered
594 Posts
It won't allow you to use the ipod for safety reasons I guess.

You can do 1 or 2 things: You can select the album you wanna hear before plugging in the ipod to the car. The car will automatically start playing whatever song it was on before you plugged it in. The other thing you can do is just connect it to the AUX port and control the ipod by hand, but no info will show up on the screen.

What I personally do is put my songs into playlists and that will be the fastest way to get to the songs I feel like listening to the most. I'm constantly updating it out of habit so it's second nature to me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with pgarci01's points - I have an audio book on my IPhone that I can't navigate to via the car's menu, so I queue it up before connecting and then it starts playing automatically from where it left off.
I can think of 2 other options - make a playlist of your zac brown album - then you can get to it quickly through the relatively short list of playlists. Or if you have Nav, maybe you can use a voice command to play an album. I don't have Nav so I don't know if the handsfree link lets you do that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts