Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
No suggestions Phyer but welcome to the forum.

Hang on, someone 'in the know' will come by with some decent advice.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
I’m not familiar with Spotify, but more important than the source is the format the audio files are in.

Using a USB (Jump Drive) in your CT requires that the audio files be in MP3, WMA or AAC formats. Also, make sure the Jump Drive is formatted with the FAT file system. In Windows, right clicking on the Jump Drive, and then choose FORMAT will give you the option of formatting. Also, some Jump Drives that have a security lockout will not work.

I purchased a 32 Gig Jump Drive at Micro Center for $29. I loaded approximately 5,000 songs in MP3 format and still have lots of room left over. It works GREAT!

If you check your owner’s manual on page 169.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pandora "Unsupported"

I also have an issue when I try and stream pandora. I have not figured out why sometimes it works great and other times it stops and says "Unsupported" does anyone know what the trigger is for it just stop?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I also have an issue when I try and stream pandora. I have not figured out why sometimes it works great and other times it stops and says "Unsupported" does anyone know what the trigger is for it just stop?
If you're talking about the iphone:

The car is designed to only interface with the "ipod" portion of the iphone. It gets confused when using Pandora, spotify, the new "Podcast" app, etc.

The trick is to start the ipod app, and then open the streaming app.

And not touch any buttons.

OR

Use an aux audio cable. That's what I do when I want to listen to something different. You just wont have the controls through the vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got an adapter that supports A2DP Bluetooth streaming. Stuffed it into the armrest and plugged it into the aux in. Works great and anything audible that comes from the phone comes through the car speakers. Even works in tandem with the car's built in phone bluetooth, answering and placing calls via the steering wheels controls still works since the iPhone can be paired with more than one device at a time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is an iphone

If you're talking about the iphone:

The car is designed to only interface with the "ipod" portion of the iphone. It gets confused when using Pandora, spotify, the new "Podcast" app, etc.

The trick is to start the ipod app, and then open the streaming app.

And not touch any buttons.

OR

Use an aux audio cable. That's what I do when I want to listen to something different. You just wont have the controls through the vehicle.
Yes it is an iphone. I'll have give that a try since I cannot seem to have it work all the time but that may be the reason. Also does anyone have the iphone 5 and is there any problem with that phone working with the system?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes it is an iphone. I'll have give that a try since I cannot seem to have it work all the time but that may be the reason. Also does anyone have the iphone 5 and is there any problem with that phone working with the system?
I have the iphone 5 and it behaves exactly like the previous models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts