Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some cd's on a thumb drive but I'm having some format problems. I formatted the drive with FAT32. I can get MP3 to work but WAV. and Windows Lossless I cannot make work. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
I bought a 32 Gig jump drive and copied over about 800 MP3’s. I had a few CD’s that I ripped with NERO first and then copied. How did you copy your CD to the jump drive? I really like the way the display shows the songs and such. You can even fast forward through songs. This happens to be one feature of the CT that I really like. I don't remember what I originally formatted the jump drive at, but if you can get MP3's to work, I don't think it is a formatting issue. I would have to go back to the owners manual to see what formats the CT radio plays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went and looked at the manual and it won't play WAV or WMA lossless. Just WMA, AAC and MP3 will work. Oh well, I hoping for something non compressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
misc usb troubles

I'm only able to play mp3 files as well (320kbps to be specific). I'm over trying to get the other formats to play. My problem now is that I can't get the song's to play in order. I've messed with the songs' name, the songs' "properties" all to no avail. Its driving me crazy on all my live music. Has anyone else been able to overcome this? Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm only able to play mp3 files as well (320kbps to be specific). I'm over trying to get the other formats to play. My problem now is that I can't get the song's to play in order. I've messed with the songs' name, the songs' "properties" all to no avail. Its driving me crazy on all my live music. Has anyone else been able to overcome this? Thanks
The only suggestion is to double check that the "Random" option is set on your car radio?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Crosstour headunit, which basically a Pioneer unit, can play MP3 8-320 kbps, mp3 sampling frequency 8-48 khz (from 8-320kbps) and WMA ( 48-192 kbps), wma sampling frequency 32-48 khz.

Make sure the files are formatted either MP3 or WMA or else the headunit will give a "unsupported format" error message. Also, the files need to be formatted in what they say they are, not just what their file extension says. Use the free program "MediaInfo" to tell you what codec is ACTUALLY encoded in the file.

-Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not even gonna bother with mp3s. Everything I have is in FLAC format. If the CT can play FLAC, then I'm not gonna bother re-encoding everything. I'll continue to use audio CDs and Sirius satellite. The other option is to plug your phone into the AUX port and play lossless audio from there. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume I can play FLAC on my Android phone using Poweramp and have it play in the CT using the AUX port.

WG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts