Honda Crosstour Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
My boss brought it to the dealer and requested a computer update. Unfortunately I wasn't there to speak to the service advisor or the tech. I didn't bother asking if the computer was updated. As frustrating as it is, the dealer said they found hydrocarbons in the cooling system and recommend another engine. We have a 5 gas analyzer and I never even thought of checking for HC readings in the cooling system because well the engine wasn't overheating. We drove this car up and down the highway with no overheating issues, we even put this car on the dyno with no external fan and the hood closed.

ANyway, there's a current warranty on the engine so we'll do another swap. I'll post back if something new happens.
I'm not that easy to throw in the towel. I'd do the head gaskets if I thought their was a problem. I am a conspiracy theorist. Lol

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Here we go again... @ less than 110k miles seems like some misfiring is going on.

Saturday I was coming back from a semi-long drive and not far from home at a stop light, my engine started running rough, traction control started blinking and check engine light came on.

I coasted home for the most part and parked it. Then had it taken on a flatbed to the dealer to see what they come up with. I suspect it is another misfire related issue. It was well documented with PO302 ... codes when they replaced the plugs updated the PCV @40k miles. We'll see if big H ponies up or I get to fight with them ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not that easy to throw in the towel. I'd do the head gaskets if I thought their was a problem. I am a conspiracy theorist. Lol
I agree, but nfortunately we didn't have the opportunity to do a tear down on the old engine so I really don't know the cause of the problem. The engine was still under warranty so we swapped another used engine, all is fine, no more misfires.

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Whelp, Honda won't cover a dime. I'm not inclined to drop 2-3k into new rings and possibly other engine work.

The spark plugs were replaced years ago (under warranty) and didn't foul for ~60k miles since then. My oil consumption is not extraordinarily high (1/2 qt down after ~5k-6k miles) so I'm going to replace the plugs and keep a closer eye on oil consumption...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts