Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
I think he's referring to activating the radio *without* paying for a subscription.

My understanding is that the way XM works, it's rather difficult to do. (Actually requires the ability to reprogram the ROM in the unit to an ID # of an account that is paid for.)

There was an old tale that if you activated the radio, then cancelled it, but left the unit powered off for a few months, it never got the update and it could be used indefinitely... but I'm not certain it was ever proven to be a viable method.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my ct has no sat nav but has xm and i don't want to pay the monthly fees I think it's too much and not that many great channels
Hate to break it to you buddy. If you think it's too much and think it doesn't have that many great channels, then don't use it. Plain and simple. Nobody is forcing you to pay for it. "Unlocking" it is illegal. Just because you don't think it's a good value does not mean you are allowed to get it for free.

Do you just take food from your supermarket if you think it is overpriced and not all that good to begin with?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hate to break it to you buddy. If you think it's too much and think it doesn't have that many great channels, then don't use it. Plain and simple. Nobody is forcing you to pay for it. "Unlocking" it is illegal. Just because you don't think it's a good value does not mean you are allowed to get it for free.

Do you just take food from your supermarket if you think it is overpriced and not all that good to begin with?
+1 virtual rep

·
Registered
27 Posts

Jeeeez! Don't like question don't answer it. What are you cyber cop?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well, I have the power to police the site. I'm not going to allow this type of stuff in our open forum, there are other forums dedicated to things like this.

It's cheap, you have a vehicle that's worth over $30k, and $12 is too much money, hmmmmm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hack

hey everything has a way to hack may be this one will come.
In the mean time stop your rude comments I can afford $500 one time fee
for as long as I own the car thats not the issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey everything has a way to hack may be this one will come.
In the mean time stop your rude comments I can afford $500 one time fee
for as long as I own the car thats not the issue.
Forums like this can be shut down for posting information on how to illegally hack equipment like this. Have you ever wondered why you'll see people on forums talk about torrents, roms, hacks, etc. but don't ever state specifically where to get the illegal files from? That's because it's illegal to host those files. Forums like this will receive nasty notices to remove any information illustrating how to find said files under threat of lawsuit.

Threads like this have no place in an open public forum. They'll only serve to get the forum shut down. If you want to find info like this, you should know where to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.