Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, clearly, the old saying "there's no accounting for taste" applies here. Not everyone agrees about whether something looks nice. But the number of people that seem to find the Crosstour ugly is nuts to me. Unusual, yes, no doubt. Maybe you don't like the look of a hatch-back; fine. But ugly? Really? I just don't see it.

Personally, I think it looks really cool--no surprise, I picked one--and I look around on the road and see boring car after boring car, and it's all I can do not to fall asleep. These lines are pretty awesome, I think. The rare occasions on which I see another CT out there, it just stands out and catches my eye, as a nice-looking vehicle, really.

One criticism, I think is that it gets SUV mileage and provides sedan cargo space. Perhaps a little unfair, but only slightly so. For me, it's perfect, bc i need to fit my 3 little ones in the back, I need AWD capability, and I didn't want another SUV, truck or minivan (other car is odyssey). But ugly? I've seen some ugly ones out there. The CT just ain't it. *End Pointless Babble*

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My apologies. I really must learn to use the convenient search utility before starting a thread with a "new" topic. If I new how to delete the post/thread, I would.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You are absolutely right, there are too many cars on the road that look the same...that's why I like the Crosstour as well. If you ever personally find someone who doesn't like the styling of the Crosstour, just ask them what it is that they drive.

Personally, I've never met any of these people, so I'm not sure how widespread it is now that the design has been on the market for a few years.

I love the "shoeboxes on wheels" that are out there right now. The designers of those vehicles have to be laughing as they aren't aerodynamic or handle very well, but there are tons of accessories to personalize them which is a product of marketing.

As far as mileage, I agree...it's not the greatest, but with the VCM system, it is as good as it can possibly be unless they trim the weight and make it the same as everything else out there. I bought a solid wood entertainment system on Saturday that was five feet long and weighed 200 pounds. It was easy to flip the seats down and slide it right in, and according to the computer I was getting about 24 mpg on the highway. What other sedan can say that they can supply that type of versatility?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
not so ugly

I, too, have been surprised by the online sniping about the CT's appearance. I would never own a car that I consider ugly, and I -- and my wife, and our dog -- think the CT looks just fine. Several times a week I am approached by people in parking lots. They usually ask what the car is, and tell me that it looks great. So far nobody has told me it's ugly. It's definitely not in the same league as the classic stinkers: Pontiac Aztek, AMC Matador, Lancia Beta Sedan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be fair, the reason you might get approached by someone is that it is a somewhat unusual-looking car. And no one that approaches you is likely to tell you to your face how ugly they think it is. i'm just saying, there's some selection bias in the number of people approaching you and praising the looks. i will say, even though i like the looks, it's not really awesome-looking from ALL angles. there are some shots that are kind of wagon-y. still, though, i think it's gotten a horrible rap out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife drives the CT and she gets nothing but compliments. It is actually quite surprising how many people ask her what kind of car it is because they think it looks great! We are quite happy with the mileage at about 24mpg. She used to drive an Avalanche that got 16.5.

I drive the 2011 Odyssey and have had a few people tell me they don't like the lightning bolt on the side but I like it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yeah i get alot of compliments, but if you browse the online fourms, they all say its fugly... i dont get it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love the front end of the Crosstour but think the butt is ugly. To me it's bulbous and I don't like it. But, hey, it's a Honda and I like that. My eighth Honda.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think CT is differnt in a picture and into reality, when a saw it picture i thought it has a problem with harmony but when i saw it the street i loved it and when i got in a loved more and more.
I have another car - Isuzu Vehicross, and I find it beautiful but some people think that it ugly.
I know one that uncommonness thigs difficult for people perception but for me it is +!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the look of the CT. It is sort of a blend of other vehicles from the Prius to the Porsche. But being that it has AWD, has Honda reliability, and a 3.5 liter engine with 271 horses makes this a really fun ride. I see the people who claim ugly to the CT are either jealous or have never really seen or driven in a CT. Aztek is fugly, but even they have their own users group. I drove one once and could not really see out the back very well. I didn't mind renting one for a work weekend, but would never own one.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The CT has been the brunt of allot criticism since it was first introduced. It seems that there is a lot of Honda bashing going on in the last year from the so called auto journalist/critics. I was reading Consumer Reports last night and they gave it a recommend but choose to put it on the bottom of the list due to styling, field of vision and cargo space. I am now believer the CT’s days are numbered as Honda scrambles to get its name back on top. Hyundai is now the new Honda, with its new styling and dependability.

So, bottom line we will have a collector’s car to be auction off on Barrett Jackson for over 135,000 big ones someday. :D:D:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Crosstour is sexy but I would have put bigger wheels on it stock and trimmed the back panels a bit or evened it out with the rest of the car - from some angles though its probably one of the coolest looking cars on the road!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just read that the Acura ZDX, a somewhat "look alike" to the Crosstour sold just 131 units last month. Also, the BMW X6, which has similar styling, has failed to catch on with the American car buyer. I continue to enjoy our Crosstour and it meets or exceeds all my expectations, but admit the appearance, while unique, needs some work. Unless more people start buying the Crosstour, I am afraid we will all be owning a collector's car.

No regrets on the purchase, just some observations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts