Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the initial reviews on the crosstour got it wrong. I love the look inside and out of the crosstour and continue to get complements on it.

So, the question is, what car do you find to be Ugly? I think the smart cars can look pretty ugly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
its up to the person to judge what they like IF they don't like it could be ugly for them. to me crosstour is fine for me i love it.:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think the initial reviews on the crosstour got it wrong. I love the look inside and out of the crosstour and continue to get complements on it.

So, the question is, what car do you find to be Ugly? I think the smart cars can look pretty ugly.
When I first saw the Crosstour at the Los Angeles Auto Show I thought it was ugly. I still think the side view is a tad ugly with it's big bulbous butt but I like the front view a lot and the straight-on rear view is okay. I too, really hate the look of Smart cars. There are lots of them around Orange County in Southern California. I always feel like swatting them off the road like an insect. They bug me.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I like mine and that is all that matters.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I get more compliments on my car than any other vehicle ive owned. I bought it knowing I wasa going to lower it and put wheels on on it. I saw the potential of what it wasa and what I wanted to add on to it to enhance the body lines that it already had.. Ive have an owner of a Porsche Panamera come up to me at a stop light telling me that my Honda was athe best honda he ever saw and loved it becuase it does have somewhat a euro look to it. I just enhanced it a little more.

I think it's one of the best cars they have made in a very long time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
True, True, but is there a car out there that you do think looks ugly?
I guess there are no cars out there that people will say looks ugly to them. Yeah, we all like our Crosstours but :confused:

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
True, True, but is there a car out there that you do think looks ugly?
how about pt cruizer's or pontiac aztec's they are pretty ugly i would drive a smart car like this !

:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how about pt cruizer's or pontiac aztec's they are pretty ugly i would drive a smart car like this !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLS2-0WWUw

:D

I agree with the pt cruizer, but I'm one of the odd balls that didn't think the aztec looked "bad" or at least ugly. I thought it was ok and different from the norm.

That smart car makes up for it looks in performance. True sleeper at the lights.

I had a AMC Gremlin (one of my first in high school). Not the prettiest of cars. In fact, I had duct tape over the front fenders because they were totally rusted through and the road dirt would get on the windshield. Another "sleeper" type car. The thing could really haul with the straight six it had.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a AMC Gremlin (one of my first in high school). Not the prettiest of cars. In fact, I had duct tape over the front fenders because they were totally rusted through and the road dirt would get on the windshield. Another "sleeper" type car. The thing could really haul with the straight six it had.
^Yeah, the Gremlin was an ugly car. I didn't know they moved well.

My first car was a used 1970 Datsun 510 in pale yellow. I thought it was ugly but it got me to CSUN, work at Encino Hospital and weekends at the river in Parker, AZ. It wasn't fast but I had a good stereo. :)

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
I always liked the look of the Datsun 510's.

Anything paid for, ugly or not is GOOD ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
LOL, the problem with saying something is ugly is that it usually treads on someone's toes and makes them feel like sh*t........so I usually compliment the owner -- whatever the level of ugly or beauty.

Any owner will think his ride is great and be proud of it. I don't see the need to ruin that for him.

As far as comments on the CrossTour's beauty or lack of it: It's a crossover vehicle that has to make some sacrifices in smooth lines and beauty for practicality and usability.
ON the flipside of the coin is beauty: I've seen many 'beauties' have very limited space in back and trunk.
They look great but aren't nearly as functional......

My $.02 FWIW

BTW, my new SHO is a beauty..... but it does lack the functionality of the CrossTour and in many ways I miss my CrossTour. I wish I could have kept it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
With me it was love at first sight with the Crosstour
Ditto! I was intrigued by it's look at first glance ... Everytime I thought about maybe getting a new car - I thought about my Crosstour. Then finally I just had to get it. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts