Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've the 2011 EXL w/NAV.

I love the sound system in the CT, but the the verbal feedback is irritating. When I change tracks in Aux or change channels in XM, the system reads and plays back the track data and mutes playback while doing so. This really impinges on my enjoyment of music. If I want to see what the track title is, I glance at the display.

How do I turn off this feature WITHOUT turning off the turn-by-turn directions when using NAV?

Thanks, Vince.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Vince -

I'm traveling so I'm not with my Crosstour, but try this:

+ Say "Setup" or push the Setup button
+. On the lower right, the "Guidance Prompts" should be set at Normal. Yours is probably at MAX.

When I set mine to MAX it announced the street names, but also announced the XM channels whenever I changed the station.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Vince -

I'm traveling so I'm not with my Crosstour, but try this:

+ Say "Setup" or push the Setup button
+. On the lower right, the "Guidance Prompts" should be set at Normal. Yours is probably at MAX.

When I set mine to MAX it announced the street names, but also announced the XM channels whenever I changed the station.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it, and that makes no difference. :(

System still reads the full track info. I'm guessing this can't be turned off? Guess I'll chat with the service desk - perhaps it's something they can switch off... Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry--- it's tough when I'm not in mine to figure out what I did to change it.

Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I tried it, and that makes no difference. :(

System still reads the full track info. I'm guessing this can't be turned off? Guess I'll chat with the service desk - perhaps it's something they can switch off... Thanks anyway.
Mine does not do it... so I presume I must be able to be turned off.

Anything in the manual?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I finally took a road trip in the Crosstour...what a wonderful cruiser this car is!

This gave me the opportunity to figure out how to turn off the voice that announces songs, radio stations, and ipod tunes.

Here it is:

1). Say "Setup" or press the "Setup" Button
2). Rotate the Interface Dial to the "Interface Dial Feedback" selection
3). Press "Enter"
4). Select "Off"
5). Press "Enter"
6). Say "Cancel" or press either "Cancel" button

Note: This will not effect the Guidance, Menu, or Climate Control feedback.

Take care - - -

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comb, I came to the same conclusion after some experimentation, so thanks for the feedback! I just wish Honda would totally separate the voice response capability when using the GPS or when using XM/FM/AM/AUX.

As an example, when navigating and Interface Dial Feedback is turned on, one has the ability to obtain verbal feedback, i.e. if the user wants to hear the name of the road when selected. So, when navigating a route, push the Interface Knob. Then select Directions. In the Directions List, if you highlight a road in the list, the Nav will verbally tell you the road's name. Unfortunately, track lists, XM Channel, and FM/AM freqs are read aloud as well.

Turn off the Interface Dial Feedback, then it's all turned off.

I realize it's a common interface between NAV/XM/FM/AM/AUX. Just wish the user could truly customize system responses, instead of one size fits all.

Thanks, Vince.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts