Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to decide between a CrossTour (want emotionally) and a CRV - solid track record. I am a new empty nester and love the look and feel of the CrossTour. Any reason not to jump to it over a CRV?:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm an empty nester as well, I gave my SUV to my Son, haven't missed it a bit after getting the Crosstour. I love the looks, ride and questions I get asked about it.

Cheers
Pop

·
Registered
15 Posts
Help you with a decision

Hi,

CRV and Crosstours are both outstanding products! But they have different characteristics in terms of drive-feel and physical aesthetics. These are certainly your personal preferences, no one can help you to make the final decision. However, in terms of performance the Crosstour 3.5 V6 is certanly the cream of Honda engines - quiet, smooth and very powerful delivering 270bhp, unless CRV comes with the same engine there is no comparsion. In terms of trunk space, the Crosstour is more spacious than CRV. If you play golf, you can get your buddies in the car with three/four bags in the trunk without any problems.

My friend has a CRV, I have driven it many times. In terms of cornering stability, it is worse than a crosstour unless you replace it with a performance suspension system and bigger wheels. I've posted in another thread that Crosstour's shortcomings are that it uses too many Accord stockparts that are not the right match for a 270bph car - soft brakes, small tires reduced stabilities and oversteering, and suspension system lacks compression and re-bound damping.

I love my Crosstour from the start, however, I made the necessary replacements including replacing the entire braking system to AP Racing brakes, Pirelli P-Zero 255/40/20 tires and Biltein fully-adjustable performance suspension system to suit my driving style.

If you are using your vehicle just for daily commuting without any regard for maximizing the overall performance of your car, there is no need to change anything on your Crosstour, it is highly recommended over the CRV. I have include a few pictures of my Crosstour as an example of how it will look with replacement parts. Hope these comments help to make an informed-decision!
02062012069.jpg

02062012070.jpg

02062012071.jpg

02062012073.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reply CWARDIAN

Hi,

Thank you! My friend is the distributor for Bilstein in China, he had it ordered from the factory, which was custom-made based on my driving-styler and equirements, as there is no stock products for Crosstour. Therefore, I don't known the part code or model no.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is awesome, I wonder if they are re-valved shocks from an accord or TL? How do they ride compared to stock? Are you on stock springs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

No, the springs are not stock. I've checked with my friend, the system is based on modifications with the specs for Acura MDX. The entire suspension system is new, it is adjustable to the driver's preference. The ride is a lot tighter, there is a significant improvement when travel through uneven road surface at high speed. The improved feel is from much higher level of compression and rebound damping.

·
Registered
422 Posts
CROSSTOUR... the new cr-v's look kinda wonky. The interior beats ours for sure though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts