Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I may have recently accidentally pushed the traction control switch to the left of the steering wheel. I can't see any light on the dash, so was wondering if there's any way to tell if traction control is on or off?

Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes, there is.

A yellow indicator indicating that TC is OFF will illuminate on the dashboard.

The button must be held down for a few seconds to both enable it and disable it.

Go ahead a try it the next time you are in the car. Toggle it on and off. You wont break anything and you will be able to familiarize yourself with it's operation.

Sometimes I do it just because I'm bored!

;)

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
The traction control, or otherwise called VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) is always on, unless manually turned off. The switch is to the left of the steering wheel. Even if you manually turn it off, (by pressing and holding the button in until you hear a beep) it returns to ON, when you next start the engine, or when you press the VSA button again. When you turn off the VSA you will see an indicator light as a reminder that it is off.

For the most part, you should really leave this button alone. There are a few exceptions such as trying to free yourself in shallow mud or fresh snow. Also if you intend to do donuts in the parking lot or try your hand at drifting, it is also best left off.

Remember that when you turn off the VSA, you are also turning off your traction control. This can easily cause your CT to slip and slide all over the road. Again, except in extreme circumstances, you should really leave this button alone.

Page 312 of your owner’s manual discusses the above too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts