Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After returning to Discount Tire for a TPMS reset that didn't stick (the one they programmed when I did the wheel swap didn't stick, as well) I purchased this tool from Tire Rack. It's done the trick. The customer service from Tire Rack was great. I thought the instructions from the tool weren't the best and the software came with a PC-compatable-only CD. It's possible that you could download the software, as well from ATEQ.

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail.jsp?ID=2115&cat=TPMS+Tool

Essentially, you use the OBD port to learn your current TPMS sensors, then assign them a season; in my case, "summer." Then I had to arbitrarily assign some nonsensical values for the "winter" setting. When I swap my tires this fall, I'll plug the tool in again and upload the actual values for winter.

This was well worth the money and a very satisfying additional to my tool arsenal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doug, I was gonna spend this weekend looking into a tool like this so I could more easily swap AT and AS wheels as two different sets in the future. Thank you for saving me a few hours of time.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug, I was gonna spend this weekend looking into a tool like this so I could more easily swap AT and AS wheels as two different sets in the future. Thank you for saving me a few hours of time.
That's great. I was about to just pull the fuse for the summer but, after some research, found this tool The YouTube video isn't QUITE exact about how to use it nor were the instructions. As I stated, the system seems to need values for both sets recorded. Also, your TPMS light will flash for a minute, or two, as it resets.

Tire Barn impressed me; they even contacted me to ensure that my vehicle was compatible. (Not all Honda vehicles are but the CT is).

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts