Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a flat..put on the spare...apparently i got a nail..
anyway..i needed an oil change...so i brought it into the dealer

the dealer fixed the flax and reset the tpms..which cost 2x more than what it cost to fix the flat..??

did i get hosed?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hrmmm... Sounds fishy.

The TPMS should not need "resetting." If the tire is repaired or replaced and the original rim and sensor combo is put back on the vehicle, it should automatically clear the TPMS warning after some miles.

Unless something like fix-a-flat was used and it destroyed the sensor and required a new sensor and a reset/programming.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Always go back to the owners manual which reads:

After you replace the flat tire with the compact spare tire, the low tire pressure indicator stays on. This is normal; the system is not monitoring the spare tire pressure. Manually check the spare tire pressure to be sure it is correct. After several miles (kilometers) driving with the compact spare tire, the TPMS indicator comes on and the low tire pressure indicator goes off.

The low tire pressure indicator or the TPMS indicator will go off, after several miles (kilometers) driving, when you replace the spare tire with the specified regular tire equipped with the tire pressure monitor sensor.

The above taken from the owner’s manual: Page 315.

I would ask the dealership what they did beyond the owners manual, which states, to do pretty much nothing. Did they charge you for this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts