Honda Crosstour Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the Honda harness use a flat 4 pin connector?
Yes, it terminates to a common, flat, 4 pin connector. Unfortunately, it's not a quick job to install due to removing the rear seats & backs and lowering the exhaust but it's not difficult; just time consuming. I got both of my adult sons to help (all of us are very mechanically minded) and it took the better part of 1 1/2 hours. If someone installed these on a regular basis (on the same model of car), it could probably be completed in around 45-50 minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the hitch and wiring kit installed this past spring and I'm more than happy with the results. Ended up using the CT over my wife's rdx when trailering my bikes just because of the mpg, storage, and ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also just purchased the Torklift 2" hitch. It is more pricier than the U-Haul or Curt, but I want the 2" hitch. Look great. very easy to install. Took me about an hour to install. The only change I would recommend is changing the bolts that come with it to a Grade 10 bolt. Other then that, I love this hitch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great, thanks for the report! I like what I see about the Torklift, too.

What did you do about the wiring?

Thanks,

jv

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need a hitch, too; 2013 CT. I kind of like the Torklift hitch. Looking at the OEM trailer wiring harness instructions, it seems a bit nightmare-ish to install. Is a 'generic' wiring harness any easier? Do both really require so much disassembly?

Instructions are here: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/installation/AII50457.pdf

Thanks,

jv
Great stuff. Thanks. I had a Hidden Hitch installed but could not get a 2" receiver. I think it sticks out too far, but it is what it is !

·
Registered
3 Posts
EcoHitch

I just had the ecohitch for the crosstour installed. it looks better than any of hte other options, including OEM from a visibility point of view.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 15 Crosstour and I recommend a Torklift hitch, it is a hidden hitch that attaches to the bumper mounts, I've used mine to haul a trailer 3000 miles round trip with no problems at all.

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Wow- the Tokrlift looks great. If I acquire a 2015 at some point, that would be the one I'd go with for sure.

I have the OEM hidden hitch installed on my 2010 which has been great as well (only fits 2010-2012 models).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lots to learn

Hey everyone, I am considering getting a hitch installed on my 2011 Honda Crosstour, as it will be cheaper to install the hitch and borrow my friends trailer than to pay for storage for some toys I own. So, is U-Haul still the best place to install the hitch on my vehicle and do they perform the wiring as well? Also, does anyone know the gross weight that a 2011 Crosstour can haul? I have to determine what type of trailer I will need and if it is worth getting this done to my car or if I should consider a truck instead. I sincerely appreciate the direction in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe the towing capacity is 1500 lb. Having worked at UHaul i can tell you that the quality of hitch installation largely depends on the store you go to and who is working at the time. Some places do a few hitches per day, some a few per month, some have dedicated hitch guys and some don't. UHaul does install wiring and they do offer warranty.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts