Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 C/T V6 fwd, is it towable with all 4 on the ground??? :confused:. I was told manual says yes at 35 mph???? Others have said at 60 if you stop every few hours and turn the engine on and go thru the gears???? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I took a quick look at Remco's tow options for the Accord & Odyssey (they didn't have the CT listed) and it confused me. They seem to sell all sorts of stuff that enables you to attach/hook-up an accord, but then their page also tells you to follow the manufacturer's emergency towing instructions. Hmmm? Let us know what you learn if you end up doing this.

As for towing...

Per the 2010/11 CT shop manual, and I know you have a 2WD, but (just to get it out there) the only recommended way of towing the 4WD is on a flat bed. Period. This goes for emergency towing too.

The 2WD CT can be towed with the front wheels off the ground, or with all four wheels on the ground. If the 2WD CT cannot be towed by a flat bed, it should be towed with the front wheels off the ground. If the CT is damaged, and must be towed with the front wheels on the ground, or if the CT is towed with all four wheels on the ground, do the following>>>

*Release the Parking Brake
*Start the engine
*Shift to D, then to N
*Turn off the engine
*Leave the ignition switch in ACC (l) so the steering wheel doesn't lock
*Make sure all accessories are turned off to minimize battery current draw.

In this configuration, it is best to two the CT no farther than 50 miles and keep the speed below 35mph.

For anything else, i.e. towing behind a mobile home or bus, get your hands on a tow-dolly.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Towability?

I did talk to someone at Remco towing and they said the Crosstour 2 wheel drive is towable, recommending as i did with my previous Honda Fit, stopping every 3-4 hours and running the engine for a few mins. and running thru the gears, P to D to N!!!!!!! I have done this last year to and from California from Ohio pulling the Fit with a diesel pusher and it works fine after towing. I also dosconnected the one battery terminal because of drawing the battery to empty after a days towing.And i changed my C/T from the v6 to the EXL 4, couldn't get matching colors.:). All is well!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did talk to someone at Remco towing and they said the Crosstour 2 wheel drive is towable, recommending as i did with my previous Honda Fit, stopping every 3-4 hours and running the engine for a few mins. and running thru the gears, P to D to N!!!!!!! I have done this last year to and from California from Ohio pulling the Fit with a diesel pusher and it works fine after towing. I also dosconnected the one battery terminal because of drawing the battery to empty after a days towing.And i changed my C/T from the v6 to the EXL 4, couldn't get matching colors.:). All is well!!!!
Hi, curious if your still towing your crosstour? If so how is it going? Also what year model is it? Thanks Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts