Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure but there seems to be a pricing "bump" in the asking price for +tours. I have owned this 2011 for four years and can easily sell it for more now than was paid for it . Has anyone else noticed anything the same?

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
15 Posts
Its the case for almost all cars. Even beaters from the 90s are fetching more. Dealerships are also taking in 15+ year old cars with over 250,000 km, just to have something to sell.
Strange times

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure but there seems to be a pricing "bump" in the asking price for +tours. I have owned this 2011 for four years and can easily sell it for more now than was paid for it . Has anyone else noticed anything the same?
Oh yeah. Used cars are fetching a premium these days. Economics 101 baby.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tom,
So, ya sez ya won't sell?
Well, me and da boys, will be over to talk to yous about options! :LOL:

Glad you love it.
I love my 2012 EX-L!
I have always liked unique cars and the X-tour doesn't disappoint. Well, with a few exceptions, ie, VCM, half shafts, rear view mirror auto-dim sensor position, & niggles like headlights on with engine running & p-brake set, the door lock open when key is turned to ACC instead of OFF.

Believe it or not, but, I was in hemming & hawing between the X-tour & the Chrysler 200. In hindsight not even close.

The power & handling of this car never fails to put a smile on my face. :cool:

What is most surprising is that the X-Tour is the heaviest vehicle I have ever owned at 4070lbs!

Cars I've had, like 64 Corvair(2469lbs), Datsun 200SX(2,180 lbs), 82-85 Corolla(~2000lbs), 84 Camry(2315lbs) are understandably lighter.

But, 65 Chevelle V8 4spd(3260lbs), 70 Ford F-100 V8 3spd (3560lbs), 85 Toyota van(2933lbs), 05 Suzuki XL-7(3,759 lbs), 08 Suzuki Grand Vitara(3,582lbs).

To sum it up my X-Tour has the same power to weight ratio as my 65 Chevelle Malibu V8 had, and with more gears!
So here are the 0-60 times.
Crosstour - 6.2 sec
Chevelle - 8.9 sec

Enjoy you X-Tour!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tom,
So, ya sez ya won't sell?
Well, me and da boys, will be over to talk to yous about options! :LOL:

Glad you love it.
I love my 2012 EX-L!
I have always liked unique cars and the X-tour doesn't disappoint. Well, with a few exceptions, ie, VCM, half shafts, rear view mirror auto-dim sensor position, & niggles like headlights on with engine running & p-brake set, the door lock open when key is turned to ACC instead of OFF.

Believe it or not, but, I was in hemming & hawing between the X-tour & the Chrysler 200. In hindsight not even close.

The power & handling of this car never fails to put a smile on my face. :cool:

What is most surprising is that the X-Tour is the heaviest vehicle I have ever owned at 4070lbs!

Cars I've had, like 64 Corvair(2469lbs), Datsun 200SX(2,180 lbs), 82-85 Corolla(~2000lbs), 84 Camry(2315lbs) are understandably lighter.

But, 65 Chevelle V8 4spd(3260lbs), 70 Ford F-100 V8 3spd (3560lbs), 85 Toyota van(2933lbs), 05 Suzuki XL-7(3,759 lbs), 08 Suzuki Grand Vitara(3,582lbs).

To sum it up my X-Tour has the same power to weight ratio as my 65 Chevelle Malibu V8 had, and with more gears!
So here are the 0-60 times.
Crosstour - 6.2 sec
Chevelle - 8.9 sec

Enjoy you X-Tour!
thanks for sharing. i have driven Cadillacs for 25 years before I bought the Crosstour. the sts' were faster and the srx' had more space. would never go back. hope honda comes up with something less boring than their current lineup before I need to replace the Crosstour. though it will probably outlive me

·
Registered
41 Posts
i don't think that there is enough money to get me to sell my 2015. top of the line. just over 40,000 miles. bought it new.
I'm with you, Tom. Mine is also a 2015, V6, AWD, bought new end of the year in 2015. Up until last month I had a company car so the xtour saw minimal usage. Have to drive her more now but she is still like new with only 8600 miles on the Odo.
My only real complaint is the keyless entry and start system has failed. I didn't like the idea of not having the option of a good ole' normal key start, but the top-of-the-line model gives no options and I refuse to try and push a 2 ton car around with a 4 cylinder, regardless of gas prices. I kinda have a lead foot and like to get on the highway fast. ;)
Can only unlock the door with the key and can only start the car by touching the key fob to the red start button in emergency mode I guess. Annoying and someday I'll fix it when I start to travel more when I retire, but other than that, she's a joy to drive and people make double takes (when I can see 'em) when they see me on the road.
The dealer I made the deal with has reached out to me several times asking if I'd like to sell or trade the car, but they gave up about year ago. :LOL:
Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm with you, Tom. Mine is also a 2015, V6, AWD, bought new end of the year in 2015. Up until last month I had a company car so the xtour saw minimal usage. Have to drive her more now but she is still like new with only 8600 miles on the Odo.
My only real complaint is the keyless entry and start system has failed. I didn't like the idea of not having the option of a good ole' normal key start, but the top-of-the-line model gives no options and I refuse to try and push a 2 ton car around with a 4 cylinder, regardless of gas prices. I kinda have a lead foot and like to get on the highway fast. ;)
Can only unlock the door with the key and can only start the car by touching the key fob to the red start button in emergency mode I guess. Annoying and someday I'll fix it when I start to travel more when I retire, but other than that, she's a joy to drive and people make double takes (when I can see 'em) when they see me on the road.
The dealer I made the deal with has reached out to me several times asking if I'd like to sell or trade the car, but they gave up about year ago. :LOL:
Happy Holidays.
Happy Holidays.
Is your V6 also a 4 cylinder? I think during the 2010-2015 years, the CR-Z and the Crosstour were the only rigs worth having.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is your V6 also a 4 cylinder? I think during the 2010-2015 years, the CR-Z and the Crosstour were the only rigs worth having.
NEVER! All 6 cylinders are on all of the time. Installed the VCM shortly after buying the car. Runs great and I don't' miss the ECO light coming on and off all the time. Great upgrade. Highly recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts