Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had a nail go through my tire, slow leak and the tire pressure gauge worked AMAZING!!!!

However, when I replaced the flat with my spare the tire pressure gauge stayed on and is on until Tuesday I am assuming as that is when I get my new tire as it has to be ordered from Michelin directly. I always find this, any car I buy NEVER has standard tires, oh well.. Does anyone know why this gauge stays on? Because now I have on idea what's going on or if the spare is low on pressure, not sure!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Each wheel has it's own air pressure sensor so even when you put your spare on the TPMS will still read the low pressure in your tire, even if it's the trunk. If you're not sure, do it the old fashion way. Checked the tires using a tire gauge.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all,

I had a nail go through my tire, slow leak and the tire pressure gauge worked AMAZING!!!!

However, when I replaced the flat with my spare the tire pressure gauge stayed on and is on until Tuesday I am assuming as that is when I get my new tire as it has to be ordered from Michelin directly. I always find this, any car I buy NEVER has standard tires, oh well.. Does anyone know why this gauge stays on? Because now I have on idea what's going on or if the spare is low on pressure, not sure!
If I recall, the spare tire is a donut type which doesn't have TPMS sensor. Even though the spare is equipped with TPMS, I believe the CT won't recognize it until the ECU is reprogrammed. But this is not necessary if you plan to replace the flat tire soon by your OEM wheel with your new tire.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Each wheel has it's own air pressure sensor so even when you put your spare on the TPMS will still read the low pressure in your tire, even if it's the trunk. If you're not sure, do it the old fashion way. Checked the tires using a tire gauge.

I'm quite sure the previous 2 posts are correct. Lardo , I remember also that the donut for our vehicle does not have a TPMS function.

And CC816, if you have a full size spare it usually has a TPMS. Had an '08 Avalon and got the light, checked all 4 tires on the car, they were fine, let air out, pumped them up again, tried three air gauges, etc. Went to dealer in a rage, they pumped up the full sized spare, (had not been touched in 2 years) and of course the light went out. Give me a big duh on that one, LOL.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I always thought the CT only had a donut spare but in all fairness, I never checked.
To be honest I never checked out this under the car but I doubt there is enough space for a full tire size. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the posts everyone, but in the manual it specifically states that IF you get a flat tire, DO NOT attempt to put it back on the under-carriage tray as that is reserved for spares. Now, I know that they only ship one version of the manual so that must be the case for ALL models regardless. Yes, EVERYONE has a Donut and no, they do not have TPMS on the spares, I found this out the hard way. That light will go out once you replace the broken tire though, but it takes about half a KM to do so...

I hope that helps any questions I may have created.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts